PDA

View Full Version : LPB CV fifties

Duff
October 13th, 2009, 05:15 AM
My new CV fifties lpb is about to get Fender custom shop texas special pickups and a white tortoise shell pickguard, along with the bridge tone mod. I will put on Fender locking tuners if they will fit the holes or the shop can put them in without messing up the holes. I can live with the classic tuners if I need to. I'm having the eighty eight resistor put on as well. Maybe it's a capacitor, I'm not sure, but am changing from the twenty two.

I'm hoping this will be an awesome guitar when it's done. I have a sunburst CV fifties that I'm leaving stock so the difference should be noticeable, with two distinctly different sounds.

Playing my Epiphone sixty six copy of the Gibson standard SG right now thru a corned beef reverb pedal into my Blackheart Little Giant and Epiphone Southern California four by twelve cab. This is a nice combination amp for any of my guitars. I have this set up in my new living room. I moved out of my old place and in with my girlfriend, now my fiance, and am getting the divorce. This is improving my outlook on life and I'm lucky to have an awesome new girlfriend. I'm sure some of you know about the problems I've been having.

My new Michael Kelly wine red flammed maple sunburst direct mount Rockfield HB pickup les paul copy with ebony fretboard; along with my new Lake Placid Blue CV fifties Squire, are making great new additions to my guitar collection in response to my loss by theft of my Fender Hwy One and brand new faded Gibson SG. My Epiphone cherry SG sounds super great and looks better than the Gibson did as well.

Also, I notice the Fender Eric Johnson is down in price quite considerably at MF.

I'll let you all know how the lpb cv fifties sounds and looks after the mods.

Peace,

Duffy

MAXIFUNK
October 13th, 2009, 11:50 AM
My new CV fifties lpb is about to get Fender custom shop texas special pickups and a white tortoise shell pickguard, along with the bridge tone mod. I will put on Fender locking tuners if they will fit the holes or the shop can put them in without messing up the holes. I can live with the classic tuners if I need to. I'm having the eighty eight resistor put on as well. Maybe it's a capacitor, I'm not sure, but am changing from the twenty two.

I'm hoping this will be an awesome guitar when it's done. I have a sunburst CV fifties that I'm leaving stock so the difference should be noticeable, with two distinctly different sounds.

Playing my Epiphone sixty six copy of the Gibson standard SG right now thru a corned beef reverb pedal into my Blackheart Little Giant and Epiphone Southern California four by twelve cab. This is a nice combination amp for any of my guitars. I have this set up in my new living room. I moved out of my old place and in with my girlfriend, now my fiance, and am getting the divorce. This is improving my outlook on life and I'm lucky to have an awesome new girlfriend. I'm sure some of you know about the problems I've been having.

My new Michael Kelly wine red flammed maple sunburst direct mount Rockfield HB pickup les paul copy with ebony fretboard; along with my new Lake Placid Blue CV fifties Squire, are making great new additions to my guitar collection in response to my loss by theft of my Fender Hwy One and brand new faded Gibson SG. My Epiphone cherry SG sounds super great and looks better than the Gibson did as well.

Also, I notice the Fender Eric Johnson is down in price quite considerably at MF.

I'll let you all know how the lpb cv fifties sounds and looks after the mods.

Peace,

Duffy

All the guitar stuff sounds real cool sorry to hear about your gear being ripped off.

An good luck with your new out look on life and new relationship.

Maxi........................ :applause

Spudman
October 13th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Lets see your blue CV. I've been wondering what those look like.

peachhead
October 13th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Hey Duff, sorry to hear about things getting rough, but glad to hear you're moving on and with a great outlook.
Looking forward to some updates and some pics!

Duff
October 14th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Has a new aged white pearl pickguard and Fender Custom Shop Texas Special pickups. Sounds great.
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae84/Duffy49/031-1.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae84/Duffy49/031.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae84/Duffy49/027.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae84/Duffy49/031.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae84/Duffy49/029.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae84/Duffy49/023.jpg
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae84/Duffy49/022.jpg

Duff
October 14th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Don't ask me how three pictures showed up.

Haven't posted pictures in a long time. These were taken with the phone and transferred to the computer and photobucket. Forgot how to do it, largely.

Duffy

It is a fun guitar to play.

My girlfriend likes the sound of the "White Out", white Squire Deluxe with the SD designed single coils, a much mellower sounding guitar. This Texas Special pup equiped guitar sparkles and has an edge that the Deluxe does not. I had the 88 mf capacitor/resistor installed as well as the bridge tone control mod. This guitar chimes and rings like a bell and roars, for a low output type set up with 6.x kOhm single coils that are, by the way, very quiet.

Duffy

Spudman
October 14th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Gawd that's georgous!:drool

Nice job on the look Duff.

peachhead
October 14th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Man, that looks sharp!

Duff
October 14th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Tomorrow I'll post some picks of my Michael Kelly LP style Custom with direct mount nickel plated Rockfield humbuckers, mounted deep into the wood top of mahogany and maple. Nicer guitar than I had expected to find it to be when I checked it out before buying it and tone that is unbelievable. It is unmodified and a great guitar.

This CV Lake Placid Blue is awesome with the Texas Specials: chimes and rings like a bell, plus has plenty of balls for a guitar with 6.x kOhm vintage output, supposedly, pickups. It has lots of output so there are other factors going into the equation that make this CV a hot guitar. My sunburst fifties CV is stock and I think I will keep it stock, The LPB one has the Texas Specials and the aged white pearl pickguard and an eighty something cap plus a roller string tree. Decided to leave the vintage tuners instead of putting on the set of Fender locking tuners I have on another awesome guitar.

My modified guitars are awesome and none have suffered from the exercise but certainly have gained some charm from the effort and artisticness and all have gained beauty of some sort or another. When I play them I can feel the difference and maybe it's part of my soul that I'm feeling and hearing, but I wouldn't just modify for the sake of modifying; I always have a plan or an idea - a place I'm trying to get to.

The Lake Placid Blue CV is definitely a pleasure to own and play, even just look at. I think I'll call it "Blue Placid". That has a chime to it and a little color as well. It is kind of metaphorical, rhymes with something or harkens back to something from days long gone by, lost in the mists of time and memory but yet living still in our memories and lives. That guitar is feeling groovy.

Right now I'm about to serenade my fiance to sleep with my trans satin mahogany crimson twin duncan designed nickel plated humbucker Squire strat with brand new Fender eleven's, flatwound stainless strings for some smooth grooving. Using the Blackheart Little Giant into an Epi So. Cal. cabinet and a Corned Beef reverb pedal; odd but nice pedal I must say.