PDA

View Full Version : Worst service experience you made

Jimi75
September 1st, 2006, 08:01 AM
Hey folks,

what was the worst after sales or even sales experience you ever made - on the phone/hotline, in person, in a store no matter where or how.

Mine was the following:
I bought a nice 73 Fender Strat in a store that wasn't that popular, but anyway this guy had this old strat that I wanted. After buying it I figured out that there were some severe issues with this guitar ( I was very young about 15years old, or so, so I my eagerness blinded me! ). When I confronted the guy with those issues two days later, he did not even offer me to repair the guitar, he banned me life long from his store, he even printed a piece of paper with my name on it that said that "this person is not allowed to enter and to buy in this store" and plugged it on a wall in his shop! Can you believe this?!?!?!?! I can understand if you can't believe, but it really happened!!!!

I felt discriminated!!!! I took the money from my savings and I had no other choice than telling my father about this case. My father was from Sicily/Italy and he really didn't think this was funny at all. Anyway, he took the guitar and drove to the shop - guess what - he came back with the money in his hand ;-)

Nowadays, I smile when I think about it, but it was a perfect example of NON-SERVICE and fortunately the shop does not exist anymore!

Spudman
September 1st, 2006, 09:18 AM
This just happened to me today:
I had recently bought a newer vehicle and had a brand new windshield installed. 2 days ago I got a good sized chip in it and instead of waiting for it to crack further I decided to go back to the dealer and see if it could be fixed. While I'm telling him the chip story he pops out his cell phone and starts dialing...talks to someone...then 10 minutes later the guy who installed the windshield shows up and proceeds to fix the chip. "How much" I ask after it was over? He said "don't worry about it."

I will always give these two guys first consideration if I ever need another vehicle or windshield repair. Stellar customer service.

If that store owner would have treated you well instead of black listing you he might have seen a lot more business from your referrals or from your own purchases.

Good treatment goes a long way. Conversely, bad treatment goes even further.

SuperSwede
September 1st, 2006, 09:34 AM
My father was from Sicily/Italy and he really didn't think this was funny at all. Anyway, he took the guitar and drove to the shop - guess what - he came back with the money in his hand ;-)

I´ve never heard about that bad customer treatment before! Say, since your father was from Sicily, you didnt notice if he brought his violin case with him? ;)

Tone2TheBone
September 1st, 2006, 11:04 PM
.....I felt discriminated!!!! I took the money from my savings and I had no other choice than telling my father about this case. My father was from Sicily/Italy and he really didn't think this was funny at all. Anyway, he took the guitar and drove to the shop - guess what - he came back with the money in his hand ;-)

Sounds like your father made him an offer he couldn't refuse. +1! :)

I can't believe the actions of this person who did this to you. :mad:

Iago
September 2nd, 2006, 09:16 AM
The worst guitar related was a couple years ago in Brazil, when i went to a store and asked one of the sales guy if I could test a pedal (it was a guyatone fuzz.. one of those small ones) He answered me with " We don`t have amps around", then turned his back. The store had something between 50 amps!! Most of music instruments store in Brazil suck in this issue... or the guy doesnt know anything about music, or he`ll only let u try something if you go with your father, if you`re young.