PDA

View Full Version : Rediscovered my ES335

ZMAN
October 20th, 2009, 09:27 AM
I recently purchased a copy of Joe Bonamassa's new DVD. The tone he gets from his rigs reminded me of the similar tone I get from my 1990 ES335 and my Marshall. So I dug her out. I haven't played it in 6 months or so and it only need one string tuned. I started playing along with "Further on up the Road" , The sweet tone and the playability of this guitar is quite amazing.
I always forget about the accessability of the higher frets on the 335.
I have several LPs with various pickups but none have the beautiful sweet tone of the 335. I will keep her out for a while now.
I purchased it several years ago from a friend who owned it since new and I had it "on loan" for several years and always thought it was a beast and sounded awful. Since I purchased it I had a complete pro set up and it is a totally different guitar. Apparently it was never set up from the factory.
Now I am very glad I bought it.

Blaze
October 20th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Cool Z..:AOK

Here s a nice sounding 68 ...

Kvi2EpkLHjc&feature

ZMAN
October 20th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Yes Blaze that is the tone I am talking about. Add a little bit of Marshall to it and you are there. Although the Silver face Vibrolux reverb will do it as well.
My friend has the reissue and I like that one a lot also.

g6120
October 20th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Gibson es 335 probably the best guitar on the planet ..

My thoughts anyway and wanna share this

Check out the middle of the page and play the video

http://www.musicradar.com/gear/all/guitars/electric/6-string-semi-acoustic/2008-58-es-335-184500/review

markb
October 20th, 2009, 04:18 PM
I'm still finding more tonal shades in my Epi Dot six months on (can't afford a Gibson) and that's without touching the amp. The 335 was Gibson's finest moment for my money. Being short I have this strong leaning towards the 339 though.

I never got my sf VR to sound like a Marshall without a pedal, but my old Rat handled that side of things nicely with that amp.

ZMAN
October 21st, 2009, 05:59 AM
Mark I meant to say that the Vibrolux and 335 had some good tone as well. I like the Marshall 335 tone a little better. It also sounds great through my 65 Deluxe.
I have a Sheraton as well and I do like that guitar. The pickups are a little muddy but that is great for the blues.
G6120 it just shows you how good the new pickups can sound. Great looking Axe. Mine has a slimmer neck and I love it.