PDA

View Full Version : Christmas x3!!!

syo
October 21st, 2009, 09:07 AM
Forgive me but I have to release some excitement...

Perhaps some of you recall over a month ago I posted some pictures of 3 prototype guitars that I designed that were sent to me from the factory. I said that the guitars would be shipped in a few days and I should have them in a week and I'd post my opinion. Well they shipped on schedule but it seems that they were shipped everywhere but here. It was so frustrating to check the tracking everyday (multiple times) and not know what had happened. Anyway, they arrived today (a month later). I've been playing them all night, directly comparing them to my American and Japanese made instruments too. I must say that I am floored. All 3 are an absolute joy to play. Setup is excellent. Vintage style Wilkinson humbuckers in 2 models and SSH in the sort of stratish model sound remarkably good. In fact I would say that I like playing the Stratish thing better than my Am deluxe. Very fast neck and I love the sounds/sound quality.

There are some issues with all of the models. Mostly cosmetic. Some are due to questionable design decisions on my part and some due to factory issues. But overall, for a first shot at it, I couldn't be happier! Here is a quick picture of one of the models. I'll post more when I have the time and sound files in the near future.
http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/93434adf1b6a91d2b.jpg
You'll see on that the jack is too close to the knobs but this will be fixed in the next round. Also will change the style of knobs too.

Anyway sorry for the long post, but thanks for listening. Comments/ideas appreciated.

Tig
October 21st, 2009, 09:38 AM
Wow, the HH one you show looks really nice! I like the retro body and pick guard shape.

If the electronics chamber cut doesn't have enough room to relocate the jack on front, try moving it to the side of the body, like a Les Paul. Spec a jack plate, of course. The jack bore can go into the chamber for wiring.
http://www.stewmac.com/product_images/2lg/0053/Les_Paul_Style_Jack_Plate_Detail2.jpg