PDA

View Full Version : Line 6 JM4 Looper

Robert
October 22nd, 2009, 09:40 AM
This looks interesting... loopers are fun, and it looks like the JM4 from Line 6 is worth having a closer look at.

http://line6.com/jm4looper/movies.html

JM4 Looper features over 100 Endless Jam™ tracks and drum grooves in more than 10 styles performed by top LA and Nashville session players. These tracks aren’t rigid and robotic; these are actual recordings laid down by A-list drummers, bass players and guitarists. The real-world chemistry from these dynamic rhythm sections is here for you to explore your creativity in writing songs, trying out solo ideas or just honing your chops between gigs.

With up to 24 minutes of recording time, and storage for up to 100 recorded jams, JM4 Looper lets you capture all your riffs and musical ideas. A 2-GB SD card in the SD card slot provides additional jam storage and .WAV file transfer to your computer or recording software. Plus, use the SD card to import your own songs into JM4 Looper and transpose, time-stretch or loop over any music you want.

The looper has dedicated footswitches for Record/Overdub, Play/Stop, Half Speed and Undo for super-easy practicing, songwriting and creation of an entire backing band on the fly. Layer guitar tracks, bass tracks, keyboards—even vocals with the balanced XLR microphone input.

Complete with a comprehensive collection of brilliant modern and historic guitar tones, JM4 Looper gives you access to 200+ artist-created presets, 150+ song-based presets, 12 Line 6 amp models and a stunning array of effects for guitar and vocals. There’s even room for 36 presets of your own creation.

Spudman
October 22nd, 2009, 10:06 AM
Too funny. I was just looking at this myself.

I mentioned in another thread that Chesbro Music is clearing out all their Line 6 stuff too. You could get a screaming deal on one.

sumitomo
October 22nd, 2009, 01:17 PM
Yea that's pretty cool,but Robert don't you have a diditech jam-mana?and the jamman has a flash card?Sumi:D

Robert
October 22nd, 2009, 01:41 PM
Yea that's pretty cool,but Robert don't you have a diditech jam-mana?and the jamman has a flash card?Sumi:D

Yep, that's right Sumi. Don't you know by now that the grass is always greener on the other side? :poke :rockon

sumitomo
October 22nd, 2009, 02:15 PM
What I mean is,1 you can create your tracks,say from your drum machine,or some jam track you found on the net ect,pop it on your jamman,do your thing and you could even load it and e-mail it to a bud who has a jamman and so fourth.I don't think you can do all that with the other.Sumi:D

Robert
October 22nd, 2009, 02:17 PM
But I like my grass to have several shades of green.... hehe ;)

Spudman
October 22nd, 2009, 04:45 PM

The Line 6 unit takes SD cards so you can do the same thing as the Jam Man. Read the specifications.

sumitomo
October 22nd, 2009, 04:56 PM
I'm learning and just askin questions,quit zappin me in the hind side with that cattle prod Tex! :rolleyes: Sumi:D

Spudman
October 22nd, 2009, 05:47 PM
I'm learning and just askin questions,quit zappin me in the hind side with that cattle prod Tex! :rolleyes: Sumi:D

Sorry. I should have done one of these.:yum

sumitomo
October 23rd, 2009, 07:58 AM
Hey I like that smiley,Have you tried the line 6 or the digitech loopers? Sumi:D

Spudman
October 23rd, 2009, 08:54 AM
Hey I like that smiley,Have you tried the line 6 or the digitech loopers? Sumi:D

No but I would really like to. The shortcoming with my Boss RC20XL is that it is difficult to transfer data because there is no SD card slot. I think that makes a lot of sense to have that feature and the Digitech and Line 6 both have that feature.

Robert
December 9th, 2009, 12:13 PM
I am getting a JM4 looper pedal. Looks veddy intewestin.

sumitomo
December 9th, 2009, 01:13 PM
I still have my eye on those Robert,Keep us up to speed on how you like it.Sumi:D