PDA

View Full Version : Best cheap chorus pedal?

birv2
October 24th, 2009, 11:21 AM
I use chorus very infrequently and only as an added "spice" in a few songs, so I'm not interested in spending a lot. Can anyone recommend something?

I actually currently have the older Dano Cool Cat chorus (not the new series), and while it sounds good, it's just too big for my taste. If you've got a comparable smaller one, I'd be willing to work out a swap.

As you can see from my sig, I'm not afraid of cheaper stuff (Dano, Arion, etc). But I'd like to get something that sounds decent.

Any suggestions?

tunghaichuan
October 24th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Maybe too big, but check out the DOD FX65. I believe it uses the same chip set as the highly regarded Boss CE-2, but unlike the Boss, the DOD can be run in stereo. You can pick up the DOD for about $20-$30 if you look hard enough.

I use chorus very infrequently and only as an added "spice" in a few songs, so I'm not interested in spending a lot. Can anyone recommend something?

I actually currently have the older Dano Cool Cat chorus (not the new series), and while it sounds good, it's just too big for my taste. If you've got a comparable smaller one, I'd be willing to work out a swap.

As you can see from my sig, I'm not afraid of cheaper stuff (Dano, Arion, etc). But I'd like to get something that sounds decent.

Any suggestions?

mrmudcat
October 24th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I got a dod chorus fx60 stereo ......its old but in mint shape box all paperwork etc etc........... what kind of swap brother??? Not a cheapo at all us made.

marnold
October 24th, 2009, 12:52 PM
I bought a Digitech Chorus Factory when GC was blowing them out. At $40, I couldn't resist. I'd give a look at the new Danelectro Cool Cat. By "big" do you mean sounding or big as in physical dimensions?

birv2
October 24th, 2009, 02:04 PM
I bought a Digitech Chorus Factory when GC was blowing them out. At $40, I couldn't resist. I'd give a look at the new Danelectro Cool Cat. By "big" do you mean sounding or big as in physical dimensions?

I mean physical dimensions. It's huge, and that plus the jacks on the front make it unwieldy.

mrmudcat -- I was thinking swapping my Cool Cat Chorus for a smaller chorus. Are you interested?

markb
October 24th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Any Boss CE pedal will do it. Loads available used.

sunvalleylaw
October 24th, 2009, 02:53 PM
That is what I was going to suggest. I got my CE-5 for 40 or 50 used I think.

mrmudcat
October 24th, 2009, 02:56 PM
birv I think ill hold on to it since its vintage ,,,,,,,,,thanks for the offer though,Thought maybe you had some other type pedal:what

Kodiak3D
October 24th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I recently picked up a Boss CH-1 Super Chorus and I like it very much.

Perfect Stranger
October 25th, 2009, 03:21 PM
I find that the Behringer pedals are surprisingly good. If they had sturdier cases
they'd be right up there IMHO.

Geoffrey Charles
December 2nd, 2009, 12:01 PM
Has anyone here used a Dano DC-1 Chorus? Can not find one local and I want simple but effective. Had no luck searching youtube.

birv2
December 2nd, 2009, 12:12 PM
Has anyone here used a Dano DC-1 Chorus? Can not find one local and I want simple but effective. Had no luck searching youtube.

I've used one (actually have one for sale, so if you're interested, PM me). I thought it sounded good, but I went to a Boss one because of limited pedal board space.

Bob

Geoffrey Charles
December 2nd, 2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks Bob! PM'ing now.

Mike S.
December 3rd, 2009, 09:49 AM
I find that the Behringer pedals are surprisingly good. If they had sturdier cases
they'd be right up there IMHO.
I have one of these. It's a wee little thing, and as you say, save for the slightly off putting plastic case it does it's job without a complaint from me.

Spudman
December 3rd, 2009, 11:05 AM
I bought a Digitech Chorus Factory when GC was blowing them out. At $40, I couldn't resist.

I was going to suggest this too. They cover a lot of ground for cheap. Especially used.