PDA

View Full Version : F/S: SX Tele, STL50 3TS

Eric
October 24th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Like this one: http://www.rondomusic.com/stl503ts.html

Bought for $100 earlier this year, bought some clearance pups from the GFS clearance site (I do not think they are GFS, FWIW -- they're just clearance pups they were selling) for ~$25 and installed them.

Got this because it was on sale and I wanted to try a Tele. Having played it a bit, I don't think I'm that into the Tele sound. Maybe sometime in the future I might see the light, but for now I'm a humbucker sort. I like it, but I don't see myself playing it much.

Tightened up some knobs and the input jack when I installed the pickups. The high E will pop out of the nut if you do a big bend below the 5th fret, but I imagine that can be fixed with a setup (or the nut could be replaced).

It's certainly pretty -- I'm just trying to thin things down to what I actually use, which would be 2 electrics and 1 acoustic.

$100 + shipping, and I'll include the original pickups. Throw me some offers if you don't like that number. I'm not in a hurry to get rid of it, but someone else might be able to use it more than I do.