PDA

View Full Version : Pricing Error... Should they be Honored?

Justaguyin_nc
September 3rd, 2006, 01:29 PM
Well, I don't know about you... But I think I purchased a Fender 72 Reissue Demo for $59.00 ... well for a nite anyways... I was searching the web and came along to GuitarTrader.com... they had a Fender Sales section which I proceeded to. There was a Black 72 Reissue with Gig bag marked down from a 984.00 list to $59.00 .... My goodness... is this right? am I dreaming? After some thought... I said well heck..it's a demo..might have some ugly scar.. (probably a BIG one) .. I hit add to cart... Well, Today I get an email..

The Email:

Michael,

I am sorry, that was a typographical error. That guitar is NOT $59.

That is why we place at the bottom of every webpage this message:
"GuitarTrader.com is not responsible for typographical errors in pricing".
We cannot possibly sell that guitar for only $59. I am sure you can
understand why. Also note the subject line is an 'Order Request' , NOT a
confirmed transaction.

We have refunded your payment. If someone mentioned this price in a forum
message, please send me the link, so I can find that.

I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Eric@GuitarTrader.com

End of Email:

The web page now reflects $599.00 for this item.. although I have a copy of it at the $59.00 price with purchase reciept...

I responded with , why did you take the money and then refund it? I would have thought that in itself binded any contract.. so I searched the net on these matters... seems some GOOD companies do honor their mistakes while some do not and send it to court.. Seems you have a 70% chance of winning it in court no matter what their policies say... So I am thinking to myself... On E-Bay some companies do sell items starting at $1.00 with no reserve and take the hit if it sells low... maybe they did this to get my Email info to spam me? maybe they just wanted to play with people to have them look over their site more? In any case... I mentioned I do buy guitars online and maybe it needs to be honored.. will see what Eric says...if anything... Oh I am also out $3.88 For price protection I think... jury still out on this one too..

Interesting link with similar subject: http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2002feb/gam20020211010214.htm

So how do you all feel about Price Corrections/errors as the consumer?

Those thinking they need to honor their pricing.. please send Eric a message for me.. :) I mean...look at all the Guitar buyers right here alone..

tremoloman
September 5th, 2006, 12:06 PM
I ordered a Jackson King V from the a couple of weeks ago and they shipped me the wrong guitar after they claimed to double check it was the right one. I'm still waiting for my refund...

Tone2TheBone
September 5th, 2006, 01:16 PM
I hate buying things online I don't trust the mail system. Anyway yeah I think they should sell whatever they have marked. $59 Dangit!

Spudman
September 5th, 2006, 07:30 PM
I think an official boycott of Guitar Trader is in order. 2 bad deals and I don't like how they use stock photo's instead of the real thing on some ads. Phooey to them.:(