PDA

View Full Version : My ZYS MK II

aeolian
October 27th, 2009, 10:37 AM
I am one of the people who had Bob build a ZYS MK II pedal for me. I got it a few days ago and over the weekend I had a chance to play through it. It is every bit as advertised, I can get a wide range of cool sounds out of it. I usually like just a hair of overdrive and this pedal will deliver that, but it will also do the other end of the overdrive spectrum. Overall the pedal is really quiet unless I turn the tone way up, then I hear a bit of hiss. I don't like that much emphasis on high frequency anyway, so that is no problem.

I still have not even started exploring the sound possibilities with all the other versions of OP amps that Bob includes with the pedal. Next time when my hobby band gets together I'm going to use the MK II instead of my Fulldrive2 and see how it sounds in that setting.

Another thing I did not expect is how compact this pedal is, it is only 4.5" long and 2.5" wide. So far, this is way cool!

http://home.comcast.net/~kitn13/photos/mk2_3.jpg

duhvoodooman
October 27th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Glad to hear you're likin' it, Kit! :AOK :rockon:

Word seems to be getting around a bit--I've got 4 more ZYS orders in the works. Many thanks to Robert for his great videos, and to positive posts like this one! :happy

bigG
October 27th, 2009, 11:12 AM
I love these kinda posts! I'm just not much of a pedal guy (see my sig), but if I were, vood would get my business! :applause vood!

And lately, at least a couple of months, not touching my electrics at all, either. Been STRONG on acoustics, and don't see a change in the near future. For right now, acoustics have re-lit my fire in a BIG way! And I'm thankful for that, 'cause I, too, had hit a plateau on electrics as others have mentioned recently on the fret.

aeolian
October 27th, 2009, 11:45 AM
And lately, at least a couple of months, not touching my electrics at all, either. Been STRONG on acoustics, and don't see a change in the near future.

You have those nice amps and don't get the urge to play electric! I notice you have a Swart; this weekend I played the ZYS MK II through my Swart AST. For a few minutes I was playing through the amp completely clean and I was amazed that I had forgotten how nice my amp sounded.

bigG
October 27th, 2009, 03:28 PM
You have those nice amps and don't get the urge to play electric! I notice you have a Swart; this weekend I played the ZYS MK II through my Swart AST. For a few minutes I was playing through the amp completely clean and I was amazed that I had forgotten how nice my amp sounded.

I hear ya, aeolian. I've been doing a bit of soul searching lately about this very thing. Although I would never part w my beloved Swart (unless economic situations called for it, which almost happened a few months back), I am toying w the idea of selling some (most?) of my amps and many of my electric guits...

But. as per wingsdad's sagely advice in another thread a month or so ago, where I mentioned selling these due to my new-found love of acoustic playing, I am giving it some time, so as not to have seller's remorse. Time will tell, I suppose...

(but the Swart stays w me! :french )

M29
October 27th, 2009, 04:02 PM
ZYS MK II Love it! Wish I had more time to use it. Thanks Vood!

M29