PDA

View Full Version : Weber Amp Kits

Justaguyin_nc
September 3rd, 2006, 02:26 PM
I found this site interesting... https://weberspeakerscom.secure.powweb.com/store/kits.htm
Weber Amp Kits..Many makes sizes..all parts..

Anyone ever build one of these?

Bloozcat
September 3rd, 2006, 04:11 PM
I haven't personally, but I've heard from others who have.

These kits, unlike some others out there, expect that you have a fair degree of amp building experience. The kits aren't step-by-step for the beginner.

That said, I've heard that you get quality components and a quality amp when finished.

Cranium
September 3rd, 2006, 10:21 PM
It does seem really hard...but it would be cool to be able to built amps all by yourself.

Bloozcat
September 5th, 2006, 09:04 AM
It does seem really hard...but it would be cool to be able to built amps all by yourself.

Check out the 18watt.com site, Cranium. There are amp builders there who offer kits that are designed for the beginner. Of particular note is one called Ceriatone. They are located in Indonesia, I believe. They have a really good reputation, and are reasonable priced...even with the shipping to get it here figured in. Another good thing about Ceriatone, you can get a kit in various degrees of completion. That can be a real plus.

Also look at some of the 18 watt layouts done by some of the contributors to the site. They're color coded, clear, and pretty easy to follow. Plus, the guys there are really into amp building and are a great help to beginners.