PDA

View Full Version : Managed to cut a piece of my finger

pes_laul
October 29th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Yup last night I was in a corn maze with some friends and we were having corn wars. (heck yes) and I couldnt get this one cob off so I whipped out my knife but it was dark and accidentally closed it super hard on my hand. It tore a a little rip in my index finger. (I didnt realize it because it was dark) then after we got flanked I was running and a stick hit my finger and ripped the whole skin flap off (now I felt that one) so I went back to the church got it wrapped then struggled badly through worship band practice. Then this morning I was walking out the door for school and I couldn't make a fist and when I closed the door my finger got slammed on:what . It then bled straight through my bandage and hurt like a mutha!

Moral of the story: Don't use sharp knifes in the dark.

But I should grow back in a little while.

ibanezjunkie
October 29th, 2009, 05:17 PM
i did something similar

but it didnt involve a knife. it involved a deadbolt door and a dangerously wear-sharpened door frame...

OUCH. how much did you take off?

still got the scar.

pes_laul
October 29th, 2009, 05:52 PM
i did something similar

but it didnt involve a knife. it involved a deadbolt door and a dangerously wear-sharpened door frame...

OUCH. how much did you take off?

still got the scar.
I pretty much took off the left side of the tip of my finger.

luvmyshiner
October 29th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Ouch Pes. Ya' gotta be careful little buddy. That's one of those things (that we've all done at one point or another) where the second it happens you think "I shouldn't be doing this, I could cut my finger off.":thwap

tjcurtin1
October 29th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Ouch Pes. Ya' gotta be careful little buddy. That's one of those things (that we've all done at one point or another) where the second it happens you think "I shouldn't be doing this, I could cut my finger off.":thwap

+1 - been there!

Ouch, Kris - I feel for you! Hope it doesn't put too much of a dent in your playing.

M29
October 29th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Yow Kris! Sometimes a Fret fart can get the best of ya. I build scale models and a friend that does the same says when he would cut him self with a modeling/xacto knife he would super glue it back together and go back to modeling. I don't think I would ever do that but I think they have some sort of adhesive for such things. Might help getting on with the guitar again......
It seems like I heard that is what super glue was created for, patching wounds together in battle. Vietnam era I believe. Not sure how true that is but I did hear that somewhere.:thwap

Prayers and Mojo at ya brother:rockon

M

pes_laul
October 29th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Thanks guys.

Yeah my jazz band director wasn't exactly too happy about it but he says I can use a pick in the mean while.

And to think all over a stupid little piece of corn:thwap

sumitomo
October 29th, 2009, 08:33 PM
You better take it easy Pes,didn't you almost lose a finger in some chick in your science lab?Sumi:D

Spudman
October 29th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Bummer dude. I hope you heal quickly...and remember the lesson. It sucks when either it hurts to play or you can't play. Don't want that to happen again.

peachhead
October 29th, 2009, 09:50 PM

You got that right. I was thinking that same thing when I was trying to get the top off of a dog food can and almost cut my thumb off. :messedup:

Good luck and hope it heals up fine!

Rampant
October 30th, 2009, 04:53 AM
It seems like I heard that is what super glue was created for, patching wounds together in battle. Vietnam era I believe. Not sure how true that is but I did hear that somewhere.:thwap

M

Dude - mostly true. First developed for special forces as a quick and easy alternative to stitches.:AOK Contact with water molecules is what makes superglue "set" - the reason it's best to use a very small amount to glue stuff together - if there's not enough moisture, not all of the glue will cement...

I had quite a serious gash in my head superglued back together a few years back from when I was trying to loosen a 4 inch square section 8 foot fencepost from the ground - it snapped at the base as I was pulling it toward myself and it cracked me right in the front top of my skull. Knocked me clean onto my arse and dazed me for a few seconds. :thwap The gash started just above the hair-line. Medical superglue has a purple/blue tint, so the medic asked if there was any baldness in the family. If I go bald there may well be a bluey-purple streak in my scalp! The entire bottle of this stuff was used to glue my wound together which left a big hard lump of cement sticking proud of my skin and really uncomfortable to touch 'cos it was knitted right into my scalp. Took weeks to grow out as well.

Anyways, pes, hope you heal quick and stop being so accident prone.

evenkeel
October 30th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Ouch!!

My version of this story involved a filet knife and a fish. Put a good old cut into the middle finger of my left (fretting) hand. Seemed for days after I'd find new ways to bump that finger into things. Man did that hurt. :thwap

But, patience and this to shall pass.

mrmudcat
October 30th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Get well lil brother:socool

Spudman
October 30th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Ouch!!

Seemed for days after I'd find new ways to bump that finger into things. Man did that hurt. :thwap

Me too! Why is that? It happens all the time. I get hurt and for weeks I'll either catch it, drag it or bump it on something. Before the injury it never would have happened. Weird!

marnold
October 30th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, lost the fingertips.

Perfect Stranger
October 30th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Man, that story made my stomach flip on several occasions...:nope