PDA

View Full Version : Duane

mrmudcat
October 29th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Ok guys ive been absent most of thursday dealing with the blues..............oh almost forgot........yea right:thwap

My Brother DUANE died today "71" '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

RIP BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!:master :socool

Not 30th the 29th

Kazz
October 30th, 2009, 04:33 AM
Muddy,

Sorry you are feelin blue.....and we will send a big shoutout to Skydog. He forever changed the shape of modern guitar music. Life cut way too short.

street music
October 30th, 2009, 04:41 AM
MOJO, your way Mudcat.

oldguy
October 30th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Hey, Mud...............
Here's a big mojo wish for you, hope yer doin' OK, feelin' bettter an' such.
Also, a big "Thank You" for remembering........... Duane was one of a kind, not only his guitar playing, but his whole attitude on life. Countless interviews prove it time and time again, people were always touched by his spirit and drive, his zest for life and love for music. We miss him bunches, and are thankful for what he shared with us in his short time here on earth.
Peace

Blaze
October 30th, 2009, 08:07 AM
R.I.P

j6mwOixCObc

QkFOBZRAbMU

duhvoodooman
October 30th, 2009, 08:14 AM
I hear you, brother. I get the same kind of feeling every Aug. 27th.... (SRV)

mrmudcat
October 30th, 2009, 09:24 AM
Thank You guys .....Blaze could you embed going down slow on your link..............:notme :socool

piebaldpython
October 30th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Yeah, RIP Duane, SRV and Lowell George (6/27/79). I love THEIR music and how they pioneered so much of what we hear today..

kiteman
October 30th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Tis the sad day in '71 indeed. :(

Great guitarist.

peachhead
October 30th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Right on, brother Muddy. I think a trip to Rose Hill is in order this weekend.
Love those clips, Blaze!

sumitomo
October 30th, 2009, 03:50 PM
+1 on the Old guys remark.I've played my Filmore East tape so much it's streached out,time for a cd into my i-pod,that album has the tone de la crem.Sumi:D

R_of_G
October 30th, 2009, 09:15 PM
i listened to a bunch of live ABB yesterday to remember duane.

very few musicians have had as great of an impact on the way i listen to music than duane allman.

i know "best" is always going to be a subjective term, but when it comes to best guitarists lists, he trails only django on mine.

mrmudcat
October 30th, 2009, 09:27 PM
He trails no one on mine:what

Big surprise but slipping and sliding swamp music Duane and Derek Trucks 1/2.............FTW:socool :master

bigG
October 31st, 2009, 12:37 PM
Hey, Mud...............
Here's a big mojo wish for you, hope yer doin' OK, feelin' bettter an' such.
Also, a big "Thank You" for remembering........... Duane was one of a kind, not only his guitar playing, but his whole attitude on life. Countless interviews prove it time and time again, people were always touched by his spirit and drive, his zest for life and love for music. We miss him bunches, and are thankful for what he shared with us in his short time here on earth.
Peace

+1 One of a kind. Irreplaceable. Mojo to ya, muddy!

Commodore 64
November 10th, 2009, 07:32 AM
I ate a peach in his honor.

The solo in Blue Sky is one of my favorites of all time. I could listen to it over and over for hours on end. In fact I have, back in my college days, with the aid of certain chemicals.

If I ever get the chops to try a slide, I'll eschew the stainless steel for a coricidin bottle!