PDA

View Full Version : Best way to store guitars away from guests..?

poodlesrule
October 30th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Here is the situation: I keep some musical stuff at another house, in an open space where, once in a while, there are unsupervised (for lack of better word) guests.

We know they will want to poke at a couple of guitars there, and I am not sure they may handle them well enough. This is located near the shore and quite humid at times.

I need to come up with an idea to store them in a way that somehow prevent access, yet let guitars breathe.

One thought I have is make a custom closet in a recess that would have a door, shortened at top and bottom, so that air could circulate.

The other is to put guitars up on the wall with a lock... charming!

Other ideas?

hubberjub
October 30th, 2009, 09:14 AM
You could get some of that "CRIME SCENE DO NOT ENTER" tape and put it at the doors of the room. Maybe add a chalk outline of a body on the floor. Just an idea.

Spudman
October 30th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Put them in the cases with a bunch of desiccant inside. It will help keep the moisture at bay. Out of sight - out of mind...and you'll have peace of mind too.

deeaa
October 30th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Just ship them over to my place for winter, plenty dry air at that time here...I'll keep 'em safe...;-)

sumitomo
October 30th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Strip a ex cord.Hook one end on the low E string and the other on the high E string,plug in wall outlet.They will only pick it up once,they won't want to do it again.Sumi:D

NWBasser
October 30th, 2009, 06:23 PM
I'd think a gun safe would do the trick nicely.

evenkeel
October 30th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Put them in the cases with a bunch of desiccant inside. It will help keep the moisture at bay. Out of sight - out of mind...and you'll have peace of mind too.

Yeep. I'm with Mr. Spud. In a case, no fuss no bother.

sumitomo
October 30th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Ah but it would be fun to see so guy over there that you know that is now sporting a new afro and ask him "Hey have you been messin' with guitars?" Sumi:D

kiteman
October 31st, 2009, 07:11 AM
Ah but it would be fun to see so guy over there that you know that is now sporting a new afro and ask him "Hey have you been messin' with guitars?" Sumi:D

What if he had no hair? :)