PDA

View Full Version : Ext. cab for Carslbro TC-60 Heritage Combo.?.

microbang
October 30th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I am in the process of getting an extension speaker cabinet ready for this combo. There is an 8 Ohm and a 16 Ohm out jacks on the back of the amp...

The internal 12" speaker is plugged through the 16 Ohm...

Does this mean I have to switch out the 16 Ohm speaker in my ext. cab for an 8 ohm for it to run in tandem with the internal? Or can I plug in my 16 Ohm speaker cab into the 8 Ohm speaker out without blowing anything..?..

Here is the blurb from the manual...

"Speaker Outputs. This amp has two speaker outputs: one for a 16 ohm load (i.e. one 16 ohm cabinet), and one for an 8 ohm load (i.e. one 8 ohm or two 16 ohm cabinates). DO NOT combine the 8 and 16 ohm output sections. Make sure you the correct impedance load."

Does this mean the extension cab must be 8 ohms, or if I plug in another 16 ohm speaker, does that count as the two 16 ohm cabinets it states...

Thank you in advance.

markb
October 30th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Here is the blurb from the manual...

"Speaker Outputs. This amp has two speaker outputs: one for a 16 ohm load (i.e. one 16 ohm cabinet), and one for an 8 ohm load (i.e. one 8 ohm or two 16 ohm cabinates). DO NOT combine the 8 and 16 ohm output sections. Make sure you the correct impedance load."

Welcome to the forum.

The key bit here is "DO NOT combine...". I'd guess the outputs are separate taps off the transformer. Only use one socket at a time with speakers of the correct impedance. i.e. plug an 8 ohm cab into the 8 ohm socket or a 16 ohm cab into the 16 ohm socket. You can't use the internal speaker at the same time. this is not an unusual setup.

microbang
November 1st, 2009, 03:29 PM
thanks for the reply.

can you explain how i would go about getting the two 16 ohm cabinets hooked up out of the 8 Ohm output.?.

There must be a way to use the internal as one of the 2 cabinets here...

Do i daisy chain the internal off the ext. cabinet?

I am renovating a cab, so I can get the necessary jacks...

Cheers

markb
November 1st, 2009, 03:52 PM
What speakers are in the external cab?

microbang
November 2nd, 2009, 05:12 PM
I suppose I could just run the internal 16 ohm speaker in parallel with the cab 16 Ohm speaker out of the 8 Ohm speaker output...

I've been looking into a mono splitter (1/4"male to 2 x 1/4"females) out of the output. HOSA makes a pretty robust looking one.

Do you think this computes?

thank you..

markb
November 2nd, 2009, 05:52 PM
You could do that.

microbang
November 3rd, 2009, 10:05 AM
I just noticed your in New Zealand. Pretty cool.

I've played a show with The Datsuns once at SXSW.

They rocked.

Take care,

Dominic