PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes I wonder why I even try....

Perfect Stranger
October 31st, 2009, 10:11 AM
This little kid makes me feel so inadequate.....

1xRARmrorGU

0ZbZRWINje4

ixGrkI6fSRM

FRWU2DysF30

RY1klZXRhDo

2sHKZkH6i20

:crazyguy :nope :applause

duhvoodooman
October 31st, 2009, 10:37 AM
Extremely impressive! The only thing that bothers me about these Asian whiz kid clips that I see is that they never look like they're having any fun. There seems to be such a focus on technical excellence that the emotional factor is largely shut out. Maybe I'm all wet, but that's how it appears to me....

tunghaichuan
October 31st, 2009, 10:42 AM
Extremely impressive! The only thing that bothers me about these Asian whiz kid clips that I see is that they never look like they're having any fun. There seems to be such a focus on technical excellence that the emotional factor is largely shut out. Maybe I'm all wet, but that's how it appears to me....

I don't think it is just you DVM, I get that impression too.

"Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end." - Robert Fripp

kiteman
October 31st, 2009, 10:54 AM
Forget kids, what about gramma? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhdfNlqRlgs

bigG
October 31st, 2009, 11:14 AM

Good God A'Mighty! That's it, I quit! :crazyguy

But seriously, folks...for that kid to be at that level of technical proficiency...he's not old enough to have been able to concentrate on anything BUT technical proficiency. Give him a few years and he'll be playin those same tunes w a Tommy Emmanuel face! Get the technical part down first at that level of playing, and at that age; the "having fun" face will bloom soon enough, I think. And, just because his face doesn't show it, he's likely enjoying the heck out of his accomplishment within himself. I know I would if I could play like that (at age 59)!

And, as to gandma...how freakin cool is that! A GREAT lesson in knowing what notes to leave out! A better blues lead than alot of these young slingers, IMHO!

G