PDA

View Full Version : If you had 2000$....

Jimi75
September 4th, 2006, 07:55 AM
just for you to spend it for musical gear, concert tickets.......etc...without having to justify......what would you buy?

Cranium
September 4th, 2006, 12:08 PM
Marshall 1987XL 50W Head :D

tiefnig
September 4th, 2006, 02:57 PM
A good Ibanez guitar with a floyd-rose style tremolo and a nice tube amp. Or just a Head/Cab. All I say is MESA !!! :D

Katastrophe
September 4th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Couple of good Squiers and a nice Epi LP. Peavey Windsor head and corresponding cabinet. Digitech Bad Monkey, Tonebone pedal, chorus and reverb pedals.:D

Tone2TheBone
September 4th, 2006, 07:57 PM
A couple of nice Japanese Fender Reissue Strats. One maple necked one rosewood. Or save just a tad more and talk GC down on the price of an R'8 or R'0 Gibson Les Paul Reissue.

Justaguyin_nc
September 4th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Cyber-Twin SE and a Dozen Roses

Spudman
September 4th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Some not so legal pleasure substances. Then I'd go to a Widespread Panic concert and sell the lot for 10 times what I paid for it, buy some new guitars, new amps and a jet to haul them around in.

SuperSwede
September 5th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Spud, I can really see you flying around in "Guitarforce One".. Rockin´all over the world.

tremoloman
September 5th, 2006, 11:59 AM
I'd build a copy of the Jimi's Monterey's Strat!

Jimi75
September 5th, 2006, 01:15 PM
I'd build a copy of the Jimi's Monterey's Strat!

I love that idea! The Monterey Strat is really a beauty.

tiefnig
September 5th, 2006, 01:52 PM
I would buy a final setup, some really good stuff so you don't have to buy cheap stuff anymore. I mean, modding squiers is cool and stuff, but I think, even after modding you notice the difference to high quality guitars.

jpfeifer
September 5th, 2006, 02:56 PM
I think that I'd put the money toward a really high quality electric, to get a sound that I don't currently have. I'm thinking either a Gibson Les Paul, 335, CS-336, or maybe another USA Hamer like an Artist or Monaco (these are fantastic guitars for the money).

I would need more than $2k to get into these guitars, but they would be worth having if I found the right one.

-- Jim

Robert
September 5th, 2006, 03:07 PM
I'd store the money somewhere and hope for another $2000 so I could afford to buy a Suhr guitar.

M29
September 6th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Hello,

I would go with the Gib 335 as well but as you say it would take a little more money.

Have you guys/girls seen the new Gibson Vegas (I think that is what it was called) semi hollow body? I saw one in a Guitar magazine a while back and wondered if it sounded similar to the 335? It had a kind of fresh look to it but still 335ish.

M29

Carlström
September 8th, 2006, 01:13 AM
I'm happy with my gear, so i would spend it on getting a better recording space in my apartment

Riley
September 8th, 2006, 05:56 AM
I dunno what I'd spend it on. I like my gear I have now. Maybe get some sorta of semi hollow body, and dedicated slide guitar (electric) and maybe a resonator .

fender tele
September 15th, 2006, 08:45 AM
A guitar from Rice Custom Guitars & any $$ left over would go to effects....

or....

A complete pedalboard w/lots of goodies & a Fender Am Tele in Natural Ash w/white pickguard

or....

What Robert said....only replace "Suhr" w/"Anderson".

(although Robert, you know that wouldn't work....you are married w/kids, as am I.....any stored music money would no longer be music money)