PDA

View Full Version : Gitanos Expulsado in A Minor

333maxwell
November 1st, 2009, 02:24 PM
Here is a little gypsy influenced creation I finished up last night.. if anyone feels like having a go with it..

Gitanos Expulsado in A Minor
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8292203

Rampant
November 3rd, 2009, 04:25 AM
Cool.

I liked it. :)

baldgit
November 4th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Something different.....it has a nice mood to it...i enjoyed it quite a bit.....thx....Dan

333maxwell
November 7th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Rampant, Baldgit..

Thanks for the ears and thoughts my friends.. much appreciated~!

bigG
November 8th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Sorry, I missed this one...

Very nice, man! Thankfully (for me), I have a very diverse and eclectic taste in music. This tune sounds like something straight off of a Putamayo World Music disc!

Are you playing the guitar part only? Violin also? Well done, and a nice change of pace! :applause

333maxwell
November 8th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Sorry, I missed this one...

Very nice, man! Thankfully (for me), I have a very diverse and eclectic taste in music. This tune sounds like something straight off of a Putamayo World Music disc!

Are you playing the guitar part only? Violin also? Well done, and a nice change of pace! :applause

Thanks man..

I played all the instruments real time with the exception of the violin.. which I performed on the keyboard and then highly edited using a series of 6 duplicate info tracks with a different violin tone assigned to each, then cutting away 5 other tracks at a time so as I only had one running line at a time.

In other words one track had more vibrato, one had more gliss, one attacked the strings slower.. I only have one track sounding at a time, but had close to 100 cuts in this 3 minute song...

The rest of the tracks are as follows..

---------

With the exception of the violin as I described that above..

The music instruments were all recorded from a Cad Large Condenser mic (35 bucks at the pawn shop.. ) plugged directly into my Yamaha PA (channel ran completely flat, just for power) ran directly into the Behringer A/D box (30 bucks) ran directly into the computer.

Using Reaper DAW to record on to.. for those who need a DAW it is a great one, but you can download and use it for free... me, I gave them my 60 bucks within 3 days.. it's a very good DAW for a guy like me...

The drums were several second samples that I just re-arranged. I had mostly no control over them.

Other than that, the tracks ran roughly this way, and in this order and in this pan...

1. Drums (center Stereo)
2. Bass (cheesy electric Ibanez)
3. Center Guitar, Dobro (bottom line Regal)
4. Right, Dobro
5. Left, Nylon (yamaha classical)
6. Right/Center Nylon
7. Left/Center Dobro
8. Violin (synthetic) Slightly Left (when possible)
9. Clarinet .... mostly right
10. Lead guitar / nylon

Everything was recorded direct and no color.. after everything was laid down I EQ'd just about each track individually.. mostly just to pull noise out of some mid bands from the cheesy mic which is a bit noisy when amplified by the addition of it's self at times 7 times/tracks..

Thanks for asking..