PDA

View Full Version : John Barleycorn

baldgit
November 2nd, 2009, 07:20 AM
my take of Traffic's version of an old English folk song....here is the link.... http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8298061

tjcurtin1
November 2nd, 2009, 09:33 PM
One of my all-time favorite songs, period. I've taught this to kids at school and they love to sing it. I've played a finger-picked version, but love what you're doing here - any chance you could let me know what chords you're playing?

Algonquin
November 3rd, 2009, 04:01 PM
Very nice Dan. I'm not familiar with it like Ted is... but enjoyed it all the same :applause
Which guitar did you use for this, and sounds capo'd to me which sounds great!

Cheers,
David

baldgit
November 3rd, 2009, 05:52 PM
One of my all-time favorite songs, period. I've taught this to kids at school and they love to sing it. I've played a finger-picked version, but love what you're doing here - any chance you could let me know what chords you're playing?
thanks for your kind words...
there are a lot of versions of this song...this link takes you to a page with 2 versions on it..the way I play it is on the bottom of the page..they refer to traffic's version at the head of the tab...and a capo on the 7th fret..i put the capo on the 5th to play and sing easier.. thx again.....Dan....the link.....http://www.911tabs.com/link/?5047137

baldgit
November 3rd, 2009, 05:56 PM
Very nice Dan. I'm not familiar with it like Ted is... but enjoyed it all the same :applause
Which guitar did you use for this, and sounds capo'd to me which sounds great!

Cheers,
David
I played a Taylor Grand Symphony a GS-7, which is rosewood/cedar...Traffic's Stevie Winwood played the song capoed @7th fret..thats out of my range so I used a capo at the 5th fret..thx for listening I appeciate it...Dan

tjcurtin1
November 3rd, 2009, 07:08 PM
Thanks, Dan! I won't be able to match your very nice playing there, but I look forward to trying my hand...

Ted

BluesHowler
November 3rd, 2009, 08:08 PM
As an accomplished and award winning home brewer I've always loved the song just not for the music but for the lyrics also.

You did justice to the song. Great playing and singing!

helliott
November 5th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Nice job, Dan. Wish it was a little louder, but a very nuanced and cool treatment nonetheless. (I mean the recording volume.)

Pickngrin
November 5th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Really enjoyed it, Dan. Nice work!

baldgit
November 10th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Thanks for listening!....Dan