PDA

View Full Version : Info. On Line 6 AX2 amps?

JT3
November 3rd, 2009, 09:41 AM
I've been using one for a cover band, loaded with V30s. After a lot of tweaking I really got some killer patches. But lately the bite and sustain is lacking. It's had a lot of use so I'm sure some of the parts are tired. Any input as to what may be going on?

Thanks for your help.

tunghaichuan
November 3rd, 2009, 09:51 AM
Welcome to the forum, JT3.

You might want to stop by the Fret Players (http://www.thefret.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13) forum and introduce yourself.

I've been using one for a cover band, loaded with V30s. After a lot of tweaking I really got some killer patches. But lately the bite and sustain is lacking. It's had a lot of use so I'm sure some of the parts are tired. Any input as to what may be going on?

Thanks for your help.

Those modelling amps use very complex digital circuitry. It could be any number of things. Your best bet would be to take it to a tech that is certified by Line 6 or is experienced in servicing their gear.

You might want to email Line 6, a tech there might be already familiar with common problems with your particular amp. I would ask for a recommendation for a tech to take it to, if you go the email route.