PDA

View Full Version : New Guitar In The House - Ibanez Content

warren0728
September 4th, 2006, 02:19 PM
well i have been wanting a 335 type guitar and so i took conner to guitar center's super duper labor day sale and i ended up bringing home this new ibanez artcore AFS75T transparent blue baby. Sounds really good and these pictures do not do the guitar justice. Haven't had time to play it very much but it definately has a different tone from my other guitars...

here's the link to the ibanez site http://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=AFS75T

ww

Katastrophe
September 4th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Flippin' SWEET, Warren! You are amassing quite the guitar collection, and good quality pieces, too. We're gonna have to call you Spudman, Jr. if you keep this up.:D

Spudman
September 4th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Flippin' SWEET, Warren! You are amassing quite the guitar collection, and good quality pieces, too. We're gonna have to call you Spudman, Jr. if you keep this up.:D

Spudman what! Jr.? What do you mean? A man with only one P90 pickup and a mahogany body? I'm confused.

Nice guitar Warren. Keep going. You'll be there soon.:)

SuperSwede
September 5th, 2006, 12:27 AM
Oohhh.. congrats Warren. So how do you like that Bigsby style trem? Does it stay in tune well?

t_ross33
September 5th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Awesome axe Warren! I expect a full report/review here on theFret. I'm looking at adding a hollowbody in the near future and these are definately on my radar.

KEEP ON ROCKIN' IN THE FREE WORLD! :DR

Trev

abraxas
September 5th, 2006, 09:45 AM
This is a beautiful guitar and the whole series is a damn good value for money.

I tried out the "top of the line" AF105 last Christmas and was that close to buying it on the spot!

I believe it will be an excelent addition to your arsenal, for a variety of styles. Now, clips please!!! :DR :DR :DR

warren0728
September 5th, 2006, 09:53 AM
Spudman what! Jr.? What do you mean? A man with only one P90 pickup and a mahogany body? I'm confused.

lol....i'm no where near spud jr. status!!!

I think i am done BUYING guitars for awhile and am going to concentrate on PLAYING them better!! Although a new amp could be in my future.... :rolleyes:

ww

Mark
September 5th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Real nice guitar there Warren! By the way no one is ever "done" buying gear LOL!! Enjoy, oh yea looks great where you hung it too, the yellow wall lets it really shine!

Spudman
September 5th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Whew! I though I was going to have to run out and buy more guitars. lol

Seriously, the Ibanez importer for the Western USA is near me and I've checked those guitars out too and that is exactly the model that I would, will, am going, might someday, possibly, thinking about it, gonna buy.

Congratulations Warren.

tot_Ou_tard
September 6th, 2006, 06:56 AM
WoW! Way cool Warren. A semi-hollow is quite possibly the next guitar on my horizon.

duhvoodooman
September 6th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Nice!! Gotta have a semi-hollowbody for the "tone arsenal"! That's exactly the Artcore model I was considering until I played an Epi Dot in GC and found that it just seemed to "fit" me better. I really like that blue color, too! I'll be interested to know how you like the Bigsby-style trem after you've played it awhile....

Tim
September 6th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Nice guitar Warren! Next time we get together I will have to bring my semi-hollow body with me to jam.

warren0728
September 6th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Nice!! Gotta have a semi-hollowbody for the "tone arsenal"! That's exactly the Artcore model I was considering until I played an Epi Dot in GC and found that it just seemed to "fit" me better. I really like that blue color, too! I'll be interested to know how you like the Bigsby-style trem after you've played it awhile....
exactly my thoughts on the semi-hollowbody. I played this one and the epi dot and i liked this one better and i got a REALLY good deal on it! I don't really use a trem much but i love the retro look....

ww

warren0728
September 6th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Nice guitar Warren! Next time we get together I will have to bring my semi-hollow body with me to jam.
pm me and let's set up a date....

ww

Tim
September 6th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Will do in a few days. I am really busy right now.

Tone2TheBone
September 6th, 2006, 09:34 AM
WOW Warren sweet dude I just noticed the thread and the pics. And it's blue too! Perfect! Great score! ++1!

warren0728
September 6th, 2006, 09:43 AM
thanks tone....i just redid the pictures of my music room because of the new guitars (link below)....i told my wife we were going to have to start hanging them in the bedroom since i am out of wall space....tried to convince her we could make a really cool headboard out of guitars.....didn't work :(

http://homepage.mac.com/warren0728/PhotoAlbum18.html

Tone2TheBone
September 6th, 2006, 10:03 AM
thanks tone....i just redid the pictures of my music room because of the new guitars (link below)....i told my wife we were going to have to start hanging them in the bedroom since i am out of wall space....tried to convince her we could make a really cool headboard out of guitars.....didn't work :(

http://homepage.mac.com/warren0728/PhotoAlbum18.html

I'd say putting more guitars closer together on the walls might throw off the overall effect....might have to build another "wing" ala Spud style. :) I love those color schemes I get a kick out of seeing your photos.

kerc
September 7th, 2006, 07:04 AM
That's just beautiful!

Leonidas
September 7th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Wow beautiful guitar warren! I have been considering a good hollowbody as my next guitar purchase (when I get some extra cash)... I noticed the artcores. They seem to be a great deal for the money. I had been eyeing that model up, as well as an Epi Dot.

Let us know how that sounds!

jpfeifer
September 8th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Hi Warren,

Great looking guitar! I bought one of these Artcore guitars also. I didn't get the one with the Bigsby, but it has the same basic shape, etc. They are a great guitar for the money. I put some flatwounds on mine to use it for Jazz and it sounds very nice. I had to play with the setup a little to get the intonation adjusted. The bridge on mine is not glued down so I had to adjust it to be in the right location for the intonation. Some Gretch guitars are like this too. It's got are very nice warm tone. I'm thinking about upgrading the pickups at some point, but for now it's fine.

-- Jim