PDA

View Full Version : Strings

player
November 4th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Okay everyone get yer thinking caps on.Just changed strings on a couple guitars -normal eh!When did they no longer include an extra E string?does not seem that long ago when we got an extra B and E:reallymad:

Rampant
November 5th, 2009, 04:42 AM
Hey dude.

That's one of the reasons that I use Rotosound Roto electric strings - the free second top e string. (I like the tone as well BTW!)

Unfortunately, a free top e isn't included with their other lines of strings (acoustic, etc..), just the Rotos.

\/ \/ \/ Check out my my signature \/ \/ \/

Perfect Stranger
November 5th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Jeez, how often do you change strings?:rollover It's been a LONG time since I've seen double E's & B's, a L-O-N-G time...

:rockon

wingsdad
November 5th, 2009, 08:37 AM
...It's been a LONG time since I've seen double E's & B's, a L-O-N-G time...
Not for at least 30 years that I played Fender or GHS, or the past 15 years with D'addario, at least the sets I've bought.

There are a couple of brands out there, though, that do, but the only one I can think of that recently came with extra E&B's is SIT Power Wound but they may not anymore. I tried a couple of sets about a year or 2 ago. As good as GHS Boomers or D'add EXL's, IMHO.

player
November 5th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Have to check into those Rotosound Roto electric strings and other Mfg's.Thanks for the tip guys. :AOK

Spudman
November 5th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Good strings don't usually require an additional E. I've never bought a set in over 30 years that had an extra E. I buy straight stings in bulk now and the quality is extremely consistent and good and I never need another E string. By the time I would it's time to change the set.

hubberjub
November 5th, 2009, 10:49 AM
The only company I remember including extra strings was S.I.T. and that was out of necessity. They were cheap strings (both in quality and cost). It would be nice to see an extra E string but I typically change my strings before I break one.

Rampant
November 5th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Try Guitar Centre.
Sorry, I mean Center, hehehe :)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Rotosound-Roto-Yellows-Electric-Guitar-Strings-Regular-104840913-i1171896.gc

Cheerz

Mark H

player
November 5th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Sir Spud said:
I buy straight stings in bulk now and the quality is extremely consistent and good and I never need another E string. By the time I would it's time to change the set.
I buy em in bulk now too but that does not mean I still don't break one from time to time. when I change them if they're quality is good the set can last over a month or better.will be looking at singles again for that reason ya never know

markb
November 5th, 2009, 03:58 PM
The only strings I can ever remember buying with a spare 1st were Rotosounds. But, now I come to think of it, the only strings I ever broke a lot were Rotosounds. This would have been about 1979.

player
November 5th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Try Guitar Centre.
Sorry, I mean Center, hehehe :)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Rotosound-Roto-Yellows-Electric-Guitar-Strings-Regular-104840913-i1171896.gc

Cheerz

Mark Htis s'ok Mark I knew what you meant the band of days gone by had a Brit from Birmingham in it and an Aussie from Albany,Au in it.to hear those guys talk at each other was a trip and learning experience :happy

Rampant
November 6th, 2009, 02:18 AM
LOL

Even I have difficulty de-ciphering the Brummies (folks from Birmingham). We've got a guy from Oz in work with us at the moment and he's 100 times more easily understood!

But hey, I've got a Jock accent that some folks find difficult to read, so who am I to pass comment???

player
November 6th, 2009, 10:49 AM
LOL

Even I have difficulty de-ciphering the Brummies (folks from Birmingham). We've got a guy from Oz in work with us at the moment and he's 100 times more easily understood!

But hey, I've got a Jock accent that some folks find difficult to read, so who am I to pass comment???know what you mean.I was born and raised in Chicago and carry that accent wherever I go. in Florida they said I talk funny but they say the same here.always found UK and Irish accents interesting although you're dead on about the Oz chap.either way it was interesting garble between the two.rest of us were windy city too and they thought us strange.Getting back on topic I ordered from zzoundsd'Addario Plain Individual Electric E Guitar String
GHS Eric Johnson Nickel Rockers Electric Guitar Strings to see if I like em
zzounds does not carry any Rotosound products re:strings