PDA

View Full Version : Trying to nail down a Roland MicroCube on Craigslist...

duhvoodooman
November 4th, 2009, 03:32 PM
A local guy is offering it for $50 and it looks next-to-new. Says he's only used it maybe 10 times. I'd really like to have something that is super-portable but doesn't sound like a freakin' toy....

Algonquin
November 4th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Good luck DVM... that price is killer! I've been casually watching the local ads and they just don't seem to come up for sale very often around the Toronto area.

Hope it works out for you. AOK

tunghaichuan
November 4th, 2009, 04:05 PM
A local guy is offering it for $50 and it looks next-to-new. Says he's only used it maybe 10 times. I'd really like to have something that is super-portable but doesn't sound like a freakin' toy....

I A/B tested the MicroCube against the Cube 20 and Cube 30 a few years ago and thought that the MicroCube sounded the best, despite its small speaker. One thing though, you can't crank it up very loud. I've heard of speaker blowing and it is expensive to get them replaced.

sumitomo
November 4th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Yea that's a killer price,and I don't know what it is but the speaker does sound funny in the blackface setting and I've heard this from others and I crank mine all the way up.At that price get it.Sumi:D :rockon:

Tone2TheBone
November 4th, 2009, 04:52 PM
I was telling Gonq that I love mine but it does seem to have an overly compressed sound especially with some gain introduced. It sounds like a scratchy compressed sound like the input is being distorted...almost like a torn speaker. :what Other than that it's good cheap fun.

duhvoodooman
November 4th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Got it! Now just have to work out pickup, 'cuz the amp is 30 miles away and the seller is a college student w/o a car....

Spudman
November 5th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Got it! Now just have to work out pickup, 'cuz the amp is 30 miles away and the seller is a college student w/o a car....

Hey man, you spelled amph wrong.:poke

Congrats on the score though. That should be a fun one to play with.

msteeln
November 5th, 2009, 12:16 PM
The original MC is still a great lil amp, but I went for it's biggest brother, the 4 speaker RX Guitar battery version. I like it's basic tone better, can get louder, and the stereo reverb and beat machine are worth the extra $. Hard to top that $50 deal tho for such a good amp.

duhvoodooman
November 6th, 2009, 10:40 AM
A friend in my work group lives up just north of this kid's college, so we arranged for him to swing by the seller's dormitory and pick it up on his way home last night. So, bottom line, the MicroCube was sitting here in my office when I got in this morning, and I brought in my Reverend Jetstream to try it out during lunch.... :dude :rockon:

Spudman
November 6th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Clips?

Just kidding. Are you going to circuit bend it?

duhvoodooman
November 6th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Are you going to circuit bend it?
Not planning to. As I understand it, the point of circuit bending is to be able to produce bizarre, unique and randomly discordant sounds, which pretty much describes my guitar playing without any circuit bending....