PDA

View Full Version : Ibanez guitars

tiefnig
September 4th, 2006, 03:01 PM
I'm probably going to purchase a Ibanez RGT42DX in the next few months because I like the necks and the floyd-style tremolos. So, what do you think of Ibanez? How do you think is the price-quality thing? Do you really get what you pay for?

warren0728
September 4th, 2006, 03:54 PM
i have 2 ibanez guitars and both are good quality guitars for the money. In fact i just got my second one today....here's my post....

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=1344

I would suggest playing the guitar before you buy it if that is possible...like all brands (including gibson and fender) each one will have a little different feel and tone.

ww

Katastrophe
September 4th, 2006, 04:02 PM
I own an Ibanez, an RG570 that I've had for a number of years. Ibanez makes a great guitar at every price point. If you like really thin necks and Floyds, Ibanez, Jackson and ESP are hard to beat. I replaced the bridge pickup in the RG about 10 years ago with a Duncan Invader, and she really does scream. The higher end Ibanezes are great as well, as they pay attention to detail.

All that said, after 10 + years of dealing with Floyds and their pain in the butt string changes, I don't like 'em (Floyds) anymore. They're too complicated and don't hold a tune any better than a traditional setup, IMHO. They are good for wild whammy antics, and if that suits your style of playing, then go for it!

Spudman
September 4th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Tiefnig

Some of the old RG470's and 520's and 450's are awesome if you don't have to have a new guitar. You can find these used in great shape if you look around. The 470 is my favorite RG closely followed by the 450 (which they don't make any more) and then the 520QS.

tiefnig
September 5th, 2006, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the replys. I already played the guitar and I love it, but I'll try it out again, to make sure.
@ Spudman: I have the same opinion as hendrix. The new guitars are just as good as the old ones. But thanks for the reply, I really appreciate it. I've looked around for about 1,5 years and this is just such a great deal. I love the guitar, it's cheaper because it has a really small ding on the back and it's what I'm looking for. Also: german ebay sucks for buying guitars.

Spudman
September 5th, 2006, 07:26 PM
There is a Blue RG 770 with white neck binding and minimal (like no) fret wear, Edge tremolo with a typical finish crack at the neck joint and original blue pickups that can probably be had for $250 at my local music store. It plays real nice. Anyone interested?

Spudman
October 13th, 2006, 11:16 PM
The herd decided to pose for their Christmas photos so I thought I would show off the family.

SuperSwede
October 14th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Great looking collection Spud!!! Did you find a billion dollar bill after one of your parties again?

And what is that thing hanging on the door knob?

Nelskie
October 14th, 2006, 05:03 AM
Is that a vintage silverface Fender Princeton I see hiding in the corner of the third photo? And its not even on your gear tag . . . ! Shame on you.

tot_Ou_tard
October 14th, 2006, 05:09 AM
Great looking collection Spud!!! Did you find a billion dollar bill after one of your parties again?

And what is that thing hanging on the door knob?
It's a beaded candy cane. At first glance it looked like it was still 2000 in Idaho
(the 6 looked like a 0).

6STRINGS 9LIVES
October 14th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Spud , nice wall o axes bro , awhile back i posted a pic of my Japanese strats called the Geishas I dub your wall The Samuri,nice Princeton Reverb there too ...

warren0728
October 15th, 2006, 10:25 AM
wow spud....just got back from a camping trip with my son....ALMOST forgot about gas while out in them woods and i come home to this thread!!

Sweet looking collection man!

ww