PDA

View Full Version : New, erm, Case Day!

marnold
November 5th, 2009, 12:29 PM
I had been looking for a hard case for my DK2M, but I had been holding off since the cheapest I could find one was $120+shipping. Someone on the Jackson/Charvel forums unfortunately had a number of his guitars stolen, but the thieves left the cases. Insurance is paying to replace all of the guitars. All of the high-end Jacksons come with cases, so basically he had a ton of cases he would never need. so I'm buying a minty-fresh Jackson case from him for $75 shipped. It's a better case than the one I found online and it's essentially new. It's the same as this one that comes with the Jackson PC1 (pictured PC1 not included, unfortunately):

http://www.gbase.com/files/store_images/gear/2143413/p6_ufrbkxbep_so.jpg

I really didn't like transporting my DK2M in my cheapy Peavey gig bag--it especially seems to leave the pointy headstock vulnerable. I won't have to worry about that anymore! I just closed the deal via PM, so it'll be a little while before it's in my grubby little paws.

sunvalleylaw
November 5th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Congrats on the nice new case! Looks very professional and road worthy!

M29
November 5th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Man don't cha just love it when something like this comes together:happy

Brian Krashpad
November 5th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Congrats!

For the first time in, well, ever, sfaik I currently have at least a case or bag (mostly cases) for every guitar and bass I own.

Spudman
November 5th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Man that Phil Collen guitar is gorgeous.

Good cases are a good thing to have and the price is right. Sucks that the guy lost guitars though.

Plank_Spanker
November 5th, 2009, 04:53 PM

Indeed it is! :dude

marnold
November 5th, 2009, 05:29 PM

Good cases are a good thing to have and the price is right. Sucks that the guy lost guitars though.
I agree on both counts! As far as the robbery goes, at least he had insurance with replacement cost. The only bummer is with the irreplaceable nature of the Charvel. At least the case can go to a good home and he can have a little extra cash to go towards some GAS-related purchase.

marnold
November 18th, 2009, 02:29 PM
It's here! Doesn't it look all cozy in there? When he said it was minty, he wasn't whistling Dixie.
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_OT7l0dXu4To/SwRYflZuOTI/AAAAAAAAAl0/YhZDrFqKZMc/s800/img_2483.jpg

ZMAN
November 18th, 2009, 02:38 PM
When I trade my guitars to my local dealer they usually don't want the case unless the guitar actually came with one. They usually offer such a small number for the case that I always keep them. I had to buy one fender hard shell case, and I now have a case or bag for every guitar I own. As I come across cases that are reasonable I pick them up, and retire the bags.
That case looks great, and a nice fit for your guitar. Excellent price as well.

deeaa
November 18th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Damn, that first one (phil collen?) sure is a fiiiiine looking guitar.

marnold
November 18th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Damn, that first one (phil collen?) sure is a fiiiiine looking guitar.
Got that right. I'd like to try one, not so much because I could ever afford it, but I'd like to try out the sustainiac in it. The thing is, I've never been to a guitar shop that carries high-end Jacksons. I'd probably be more likely to find a DK2S, but I'm not sure I've even seen one of those in the wild.

marnold
November 19th, 2009, 09:45 AM
I will say this, I'm glad that I held off and got a bona fide Jackson case. The Dinky body, as its name implies, is 7/8ths the size of a regular Strat body. Also, few Strat cases I found provide plenty of space for a pointy, swept headstock. This one just snuggles everything in there perfectly. And I got a good deal to boot on a case that was, for all intents and purposes, new.