PDA

View Full Version : Played out

evenkeel
November 5th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Got my lazy :bootyshake out and played an open mic last night.

When we are in Annapolis I just can't do it. There are a few in town, but they start very late and I'm just to tired after a day of that dreaded four letter word, work.

Back in St. Pete the open mics all seem to start at a sensible hour. 7:00 musician standard time, a'ka 7:30 ish. Usual nerves after a hiatus, but not to awful. I played three relatively easy covers solo, then I was joined by some guys for two more tunes. The "band" consisted of me on acoustic and vocals, then a couple of guys on electric guitar, bass, drummer and a harp player. One of the electric guys is the host who is terrific. His guitar, also terrific, a mid 70's gold top LP with a Bigsby. As is typical with these jams it was a bit chaotic in spots but way fun.

The set list
Tupelo Honey, Long May You Run and Shanty solo
Keep Your Hands to Yourself and Stormy Monday with the band.

Algonquin
November 6th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Glad to hear you had a good time Evenkeel... and soloing to boot :applause
Any chance of clips next time?
Cheers

luvmyshiner
November 6th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Hey Keel, glad to hear you're enjoying your down time brother! Any pics?

sunvalleylaw
November 8th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Sounds fun EK!! Which git(s) did you bring?

M29
November 9th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Would love to hear some clips e k. It sounds like a great time. :happy I can't wait until I am good enough to jam with others.

sunvalleylaw
November 9th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Would love to hear some clips e k. It sounds like a great time. :happy I can't wait until I am good enough to jam with others.

M, I am sure you are good enough to jam. It is funny, once you get into it, you stop thinking so much and just play. You don't have to do it in public, but jamming with others is great fun and great for your playing. Don't wait! Find some other folks and play! :AOK

bigG
November 9th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Very kool, 'keel! Good on ya! I LOVE that set list - great songs! :drool