SVL
Krash
Marnold
Mark Wein
Robert
Warren
Ronnie
TJ Curtin

and I keep getting suggestions that note "5 people have mutual friends" and I know they are most likely from here. Problem is I can't figure out who they are because of real names versus fret names.

I make it even more difficult, I use fake names in both places.

Just an observation, not much else really.

sunvalleylaw
November 5th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Glad I am on your friend list, and you on mine Strummy! Good to hear from you!

Brian Krashpad
November 6th, 2009, 10:04 AM
I'm super lazy about categorizing my FB friends. I know I should group everyone-- relatives, high school, local musos, non-muso locals, Fretters, Harmony-Centralists, etc.

Usually I can figure the what-what from mutual friends, but I'm such an easy touch for an add I'll admit there's peeps who I have no idea who they are.

D'oh!

just strum
November 6th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I'm super lazy about categorizing my FB friends. I know I should group everyone-- relatives, high school, local musos, non-muso locals, Fretters, Harmony-Centralists, etc.

Usually I can figure the what-what from mutual friends, but I'm such an easy touch for an add I'll admit there's peeps who I have no idea who they are.

D'oh!

You can categorize them? I'm with you, too lazy for that.

The only reason I signed up was to get in contact with a girl that I knew when we were in our late teens and early 20's. A coworker warned me that Facebook could be dangerous and addicting.

Shiner, I may need a lawyer soon.

oldguy
November 6th, 2009, 04:00 PM
You can categorize them? I'm with you, too lazy for that.

The only reason I signed up was to get in contact with a girl that I knew when we were in our late teens and early 20's. A coworker warned me that Facebook could be dangerous and addicting.

Shiner, I may need a lawyer soon.

Hi, new friend...................:what

just strum
November 6th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Hi, new friend...................:what

Hah, I don't know how long your friend request was sitting there (I never knew where to look until this morning). I wasn't sure who it was at first, but then I looked at the clothing:poke

What kind of fish are you holding?

I use a fake name because of people in my past I have no interest in contacting me. Plus, my kids are on Facebook and I don't need to take grief from them.

For those that have been contacted by Mark Kovy, that's me!!!

For those not contacted, I don't know you are there or I haven't gotten to you yet.

birv2
November 6th, 2009, 06:56 PM
I'm Bob Irving on FB. Would love to be friends with folks here and also need to categorize my friends, cause it gets confusing.

just strum
November 6th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I'm Bob Irving on FB. Would love to be friends with folks here and also need to categorize my friends, cause it gets confusing.

And which Bob Irving of the 77 would you be?

birv2
November 6th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Wow. Who knew?

I'm the one in Lancaster, PA.

deeaa
November 6th, 2009, 10:32 PM
It's very hard to find people in Facebook it seems, especially if you're not sure about the face.

I'm there with my real name, Antti Heikkinen, in Kuopio, Finland, but I get like dozens of people with the same name but not my profile, if I try to find myself there when not logged in. I also tried searching by my email aepheikki at gmail but to no avail...need be logged. I should try and see Ã*f I can find myself from my wife's account for instance...maybe I have an option on not to show it to unlogged users? I don't use it that much.

Maybe there should be a thread for facebook names or info or links or something for TheFret users to find each other there?

oldguy
November 7th, 2009, 06:59 AM
Hah, I don't know how long your friend request was sitting there (I never knew where to look until this morning). I wasn't sure who it was at first, but then I looked at the clothing:poke

What kind of fish are you holding?

I use a fake name because of people in my past I have no interest in contacting me. Plus, my kids are on Facebook and I don't need to take grief from them.

For those that have been contacted by Mark Kovy, that's me!!!

For those not contacted, I don't know you are there or I haven't gotten to you yet.

Not long at all...... I just put it there last night........those are catfish.
I got on facebook beacause my kids are on there, too. But I don't check it often when I'm busy, even tho I should. Nice to see who's there from time to time.

peachhead
November 9th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Several of my friends and relatives keep telling me to get on facebook and I've been resisting. One of these days I'm going to give in. I reckon with you folks on there it's not as bad as I think.

deeaa
November 9th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Several of my friends and relatives keep telling me to get on facebook and I've been resisting. One of these days I'm going to give in. I reckon with you folks on there it's not as bad as I think.

Yeah, and the trick is to not just let anybody be your friend there and see what's up with you. For instance, I have denied being friends with one ex-wife and one old schoolbuddy who's in jail for manslaughter...sometimes I wonder if it's always sensible to let my students be my 'facebook buddies' but so far I have accepted them OK. I tend to be liked well by my students because I'm kind of nonconformist and don't take things so seriously. I don't believe in this day and age students should be forced to work quietly and according to group speed but freely and digital-age style.

just strum
November 10th, 2009, 04:57 AM
I reckon with you folks on there it's not as bad as I think.

Or it might be worse than you think.:what

Commodore 64
November 10th, 2009, 03:43 PM
How do people find you on FB if your name isn't real? Mark Strum is the best I could guess.

edit: nm I'm an idiot.

Friend request sent.

Brian Krashpad
November 10th, 2009, 04:59 PM
FB can be pretty cool just to see what's become of people from your past.

I noticed that one of my friends had a friend with the same name as the girl I went to prom with-- turned out (keep in mind I'm 51, she's a few years younger) she's quite a milf!

On the other hand, the bassist in my very first band (c. 1980) was one of my friends too, and I first heard about his unfortunate demise (several months after the fact) via FB as well. Though I would rather know than not know such things, I suppose.

peachhead
November 10th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Or it might be worse than you think.:what

See, that's what I was afraid of.