PDA

View Full Version : NGD: Finally sprang for the Crafter

bigG
November 7th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Good afternoon fellow fretters,

Some of you might remember this thread about my choosing between a used Taylor 310 (2000) and an older "back room stock" Crafter acoustic:

http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=12910

Well, not to rehash info from that thread (check it if you'd like), just to say that I sold 3 of my electrics this week at the price I wanted, which totally catches me up on the outlay for my recent Martin M-36 purchase...and a nice chunk o' change left over, SO:

I purchased the Crafter today. It had been $1060 MSRP and streeted for $799. My local (Martin, Peavey) shop has had it on the floor for $499 for a LONG time...I offered $400 for it, they said yessir, and the deal was done!

I can now add this marvelous Crafter acoustic to my stable. All the specs are in the linked thread (above), and, I swear, if this guitar said Martin or Gibson or Guild on the headstock, it would likely street for $1400 - $1700 easily (and would have sold alot quicker!).

Good things come to those who wait (and conive and figure and plan to the nth degree!), and, they say, the Lord helps those who help themselves...and, I must say, I've been helping myself to the point of near exhaustion in researching and scheming over these many months. And it's all come together in the end, finally!

I'm pretty well set on electrics and acoustics now (at least until the Martin OM-1 comes in to stock locally, but that WILL be the LAST purchase I will be making for quite some time! [I know, I know...famous last words and all that!]).

Once again, a very happy, G! Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together, especially one that has taken many months to engineer to its final outcome! :happy

Woo and Hoo!
G

evenkeel
November 7th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Wowie Zowie. :crazyguy You are on a acoustic tear. Very cool.

Did a little search and come up with this.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/evenkeel_album/CrafterSGA008.jpg

Not a great pic, but is this the new member of the clan??

Congrats on the new toy. Enjoy. :applause :happy

Robert
November 7th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Congrats!

Crafter make nice guitars for sure.

Spudman
November 7th, 2009, 06:28 PM
I discovered Crafter acoustics on my last trip to Boise. I was super surprised at the quality and low price. The Mrs was with me on that trip so I didn't explore the idea of ownership much further, but it always stuck in my head that someday one might make a nice addition.

Congratulations on your new buddy.

sunvalleylaw
November 8th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Nice BigG! It is nice when plan comes together!

bigG
November 8th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Wowie Zowie. :crazyguy You are on a acoustic tear. Very cool.

Did a little search and come up with this.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/evenkeel_album/CrafterSGA008.jpg

Not a great pic, but is this the new member of the clan??

Congrats on the new toy. Enjoy. :applause :happy

Yep, 'keel, that's the one! The pic's not very flattering, but that's it!

Thanks, guys! Really is a SWEET guitar! Already put in a good 7-8 hours on her...

Forgot to mention that the sale was contingent on a new set of Martin SP 13s being installed (no charge), as it still had the original factory strings on it! Once those were installed, Guitar Chris did another "blind" A/B test for me against a Martin SWDGT. Honestly, it was VERY close. Each had its own discernable "weaknesses" and "strengths", but both sounded great, and the Crafter was a little sweeter for fingerstyle, and just a tad darker in tone than the SWDGT. Although I could have been happy w either, the Crafter at $400 was a no-brainer!

I just can't tell you how happy I am w this Crafter! Very unique-looking aesthetically, and tone and action is right up there w the much more expensive big names!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a post!

G

bigG
November 8th, 2009, 10:54 AM
Nice BigG! It is nice when plan comes together!

And, Steve, I know your plan is about to come together tomorrow!

Very cool! And, honestly, I'm just as excited for your new purchase! Can't wait for your initial post on that new Martin beauty! :happy :drool