PDA

View Full Version : Robert Cray fans ?

ted s
September 5th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Anyone.. anyone.. ?
Been tiling the bathroom the past few days, listening to some CD's over and over and over again, Robert Cray for the majority of it. Have not heard much about him lately around here though. I first got turned onto his music around 1988 while in college, blew me away then and still does.:D

elavd
September 5th, 2006, 11:55 AM
I love Cray's playing and sound!!!
Take a look at this wonderful song of his performed live:
Time makes two (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liJafquUxlQ)

(PS. One day I'll buy one of this Matchless amps...Unbelievable sound!!!)

Tim
September 5th, 2006, 12:26 PM
He was in Jacksonville Florida a few months back playing on stage with Eric Clapton. I did not get the chance to see them. Tickets where sold out before I even new about the show. I guess the die hards eat and breath what city the entertainers visit.

warren0728
September 5th, 2006, 12:34 PM
robert cray is definately a solid player...underated in my book. He will be opening for eric clapton on October 20th here in orlando so conner and i will get to see him....

ww

Tone2TheBone
September 5th, 2006, 01:10 PM
I missed Robert last year here but I haven't heard if he's gonna come back this year. I love his music and the intensity in which he performs. Gotta love magicians that conjure up the magic with groans as they play....

Jimi75
September 5th, 2006, 01:13 PM
In my eyes Robert always had the problem of finding a way to perfectly combine his souly attitude with his bluesy playing. Sure he is a very good guitar player, but he will forever remain in the second row, if you know what I mean....

I checked out his latest cd and really wanted to give him a new chance, but sorry, there is always something missing that convinces me...

Anyway, I respect him as a musician and he surely deserves aknoledgement for his efforts in bringing the blues closer to a wider audience.

SuperSwede
September 6th, 2006, 04:34 AM
I think Robert Cray has that special thing that makes me want to listen.. I especially liked his stuff with John Lee Hooker (Baby Lee).

Spudman
September 6th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Midnight Stroll hooked me when it first came out and I still enjoy pulling it out from time to time, but something about the continuity of his albums stops me from repeated listening. Nothing like Doyle Bramhall or Chris Duarte. I'll listen to those guys forever.

Guitar-Chris
September 6th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Anyone.. anyone.. ?

Yes, I like him very much. As mentioned, he playes a mixture ob bluesy, funky and pop-music.

In the moment I'm listening to his latest album "Twenty".