PDA

View Full Version : line 6 customer service stinks(happy ending)

beejay_4@msn.com
November 11th, 2009, 04:18 AM
been waiting a week now for a response to a query-dozens of posts later than mine have been dealt with,some within minutes..i've made numerous phone calls,it's not possible to speak to a human being and i'm still waiting for the automated callback......if you're thinking of buying line 6 ,bear this in mind.

Eric
November 11th, 2009, 06:19 AM
been waiting a week now for a response to a query-dozens of posts later than mine have been dealt with,some within minutes..i've made numerous phone calls,it's not possible to speak to a human being and i'm still waiting for the automated callback......if you're thinking of buying line 6 ,bear this in mind.

Yeah, their stuff is cool, but that's the type of company they tend to be from my experience too.

What's the problem? Anything we might be able to help with?

beejay_4@msn.com
November 11th, 2009, 06:34 AM
thanks for the offer,but it's a registration glitch.it needs them to raise a support ticket.basically,i bought a toneport gx on e bay and it's registered to someone else-therefore i can't register it to me.

sumitomo
November 11th, 2009, 08:23 AM
That kind of stuff is to be expected when you buy a used one,hang in there they will fix it,one of the reps is on this forum so the squeaky spoke will get greased.Sumi:D

beejay_4@msn.com
November 11th, 2009, 08:25 AM
yeah,i did expect a glitch or two,but i didn't expect to be put on hold for a week(so far)while posts after me were dealt with much more speedily.

Spudman
November 11th, 2009, 08:45 AM
You are upset because you bought a used item and expect immediate service from a company that doesn't benefit financially from your purchase? You need to be a bit more patient rather than coming onto a forum and griping right away. If you needed your car fixed but you weren't going to pay me I'd put you at the end of my list too.

beejay_4@msn.com
November 11th, 2009, 08:53 AM
spudman;i'd like it registered so i can sign up to guitar port online,so they will benefit financially.line 6 are aware of this .

Eric
November 11th, 2009, 09:08 AM
You are upset because you bought a used item and expect immediate service from a company that doesn't benefit financially from your purchase? You need to be a bit more patient rather than coming onto a forum and griping right away. If you needed your car fixed but you weren't going to pay me I'd put you at the end of my list too.

I'm not saying that what you say is true, but if it was, that still says something about them as a company, does it not?

I have to credit a company like Sweetwater. They give you support whether they see the dollar signs or not. Same with Tech 21: I bought a used GT2, and when I had some questions about it, they jumped in immediately and helped me over email. Incredibly helpful.

If I'm just another trick for Line 6 to turn, that tells me something about the character of the company. They still sell useful products, and I'll probably keep buying them, but to BJ's point, it's worth knowing what to expect.

Spudman
November 11th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I've gotten nothing but great service from Line 6. I just think it's a bit of a stretch to go onto a forum saying that a company's service stinks when you haven't even purchased anything from them.

Plus, if you go to Line 6 FAQ I believe it tells you exactly how to do what it is the OP wants to do.

beejay_4@msn.com
November 11th, 2009, 11:54 AM
i've purchased 3 items from line 6 over the last few years.pocket pod,guitar port and this toneport gx.previous minor issues have managed to be resolved eventually,but for me the customer service leaves a lot to be desired.if you choose to disagree,that's your right,spudman.

oldguy
November 11th, 2009, 05:06 PM
All companies will have customer support issues at certain times. I've posted about less than satisfactory experiences I've had in the past. I seemed to be in the minority, but I still was unhappy, as I was the one waiting for a response. Bear in mind, these were brand new purchases, and I felt the response time could/should have been faster. However, they were eventually resolved. Patience and information were my friends, I discovered.
Also, when I've joined any forum as a new member, I've found that introducing myself, describing any problem I'm having, and asking if someone can suggest something helpful works better than opening with a negative statement.
YMMV.

beejay_4@msn.com
November 12th, 2009, 03:34 AM
after much *****in' and complaining,support ticket eventually raised.

oldguy
November 12th, 2009, 07:08 AM
after much *****in' and complaining,support ticket eventually raised.

Congratulations! Enjoy your toneport.:AOK

beejay_4@msn.com
November 12th, 2009, 11:39 AM
problem now resolved-cheers,line 6.

Robert
November 12th, 2009, 11:55 AM
So maybe the title of the thread should be changed? :)

sumitomo
November 12th, 2009, 12:27 PM
I second the motion! Sumi:D

Eric
November 12th, 2009, 12:42 PM
So maybe the title of the thread should be changed? :)

"Line 6 customer service has the potential to be slow"

marnold
November 12th, 2009, 01:35 PM
"At one point I used to have thought that Line 6 customer service stunk."

Spudman
November 12th, 2009, 01:57 PM
"Sometimes you get cheese with whine.":D

Eric
November 12th, 2009, 02:09 PM
So are you going to introduce yourself? Let's see if I can do this right...it's here. (http://www.thefret.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)