PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer mayhem! COD MW-2

deeaa
November 11th, 2009, 12:22 PM
Woohoo! Got the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 today! I had to run out during lunch break to snatch one because I was afraid they'd run out.

MAN it looks sweeeeet. Just incredible graphics. So much detail...forget about static backgrounds, there's canvases flapping in the wind, sparks and stuff flying around, incredible lighting and superb bitmaps...and the whole thing runs at 1600x1200 quite smoothly. Such a rich environment, the cutting edge of gaming graphics for sure!

Quickly tried the singleplayer - familiar COD style; a bit too hard at hardened and too easy at regular. Sadly the realism has been in some ways degraded - bye bye peeking around corners for instance. But the movement and aiming is even better than before, absolutely head and shoulders above any other game ever. The only game where you can move and jump and dive flat so smoothly it almost feel like you're doing it yourself. Anything but guiding a guy who's swallowed an iron bar like on 90% of fps games. Sweeet!

Multiplayer caused a few frowns at first as well - it's been speeded up. At times it feels almost more like Unreal Tournament, it can get that hectic, but not quite. Even if it's fast it's not chaotic like simpler online games. The jury is still out, but I do think I will like it.

The perks/upgrades system seems fast and semi-automatic as well; the game rewards in many many ways stating a huge number of achievements for players. Again, Unreal T anyone?

Can't wait to find time to get to playing some tight CTF and HQ and Sabotage missions online...it looks and feels VERY promising indeed. Not a single glitch and despite the incredibe graphics even multiplayer is smooth as melted butter. Not once there was a nudge or jerk of even a millisecond. These guys RULE programming fps games!

Thank you Infinity Ward...glad they're back at COD! I own every COD game except the World at War, which was clearly sub-par...no wonder, it wasn't an Infinity Ward production.

Ahh...of to hunt me some headshots...:-)