PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Blues Tune "I Got It"

Robert
November 11th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I have spent some time creating a new beginner blues video. I wrote a little simple blues tune just for this. Have a look. It's really basic and simple but beginners should be able to pick this up right away and play along with a smile in no time. :)

TJ_hDwnOxmE

sumitomo
November 11th, 2009, 08:19 PM
I had to grab my ole Jasmine and jam along,now that I can do.Very cool Robert.Sumi:D

peachhead
November 11th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Nice, Robert, couldn't help but want to jump in on that. Thanks!

mrmudcat
November 11th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Robert what accoustic you playing???

Nice lesson for our begginers young and old:french

M29
November 12th, 2009, 05:14 AM
Thanks Robert, some cool stuff in there. :goodjob

Commodore 64
November 12th, 2009, 08:21 AM
I will be trying this tonight Robert. Thanks!

FretOvaIt
November 12th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Nice. that is really cool

piebaldpython
November 12th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Nice tune to "teethe" on for us Noobs.

Soulstress
December 27th, 2009, 08:33 PM
I like. I like.

Can I expect that anytime I hear something that I'll have to pay to get the tabs to play it? Is that only because it is a song you made up or is that just how it is?

Robert
December 27th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Soulstress, I have a lot of free stuff on www.dolphinstreet.com - have a look.

Some things I publish for free, some I charge for. It takes a lot of work/time/effort to produce a decent video lesson that is well planned and executed. Additionally, I also make them available in HD format, and you get both PDF and GP5 files and sometimes a backing track.

Soulstress
December 27th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Thanks. I've found that site helpful already with the little bit of searching I've done so far today.

Spent an hour but I played my first piece of blues. Blues-Scale Lick "9 out"

EnglishJW
January 20th, 2010, 08:44 AM
The title of this track AND the fact that it is based in the blues AND the purpose of offering it for anyone just starting reminded me of something somewhat similar that brought a smile to my face. I joined my first band (the Saharas) in 1959 - I was in the 8th grade at the time. One of the very first songs we could all play together reasonably well was called "I've Had It" (close enough to your title to make me remember). The band that recorded it was The Blue Notes (although they weren't really playing any blues). Three chords and very few notes later and we were on our way! It really doesn't take much to get started. Thanks for the fond memories.

Robert
January 20th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Cool story! Thanks EnglishJW.