PDA

View Full Version : My electrics are lonely . . .

sunvalleylaw
November 14th, 2009, 11:49 PM
After my NGD on Monday, my electrics have been lonely this week. Between the honeymoon (hubba, hubba! :happy ) and focusing a bit on the material we have been doing at the acoustic jam night I started, I have been living in acoustic land this week. But what a nice land it is, especially with my new acoustic tone! :AOK :AOK

sunvalleylaw
November 15th, 2009, 09:21 AM
:happy :beavisnbutthead: Ok, my strat is coming out this morning. I need to turn on some pedals!!!! Acoustic jam is tonight so I will do the unplugged thing again then. LOL!

luvmyshiner
November 15th, 2009, 10:09 AM
NOOOOOOOOOO! Stay away from the dark side young Steve:nope

just strum
November 15th, 2009, 10:21 AM
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/fSW_JointheDarkside.jpg

OR

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/celebrity-pictures-the-vaders-dark-.jpg

pes_laul
November 15th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Enjoy that acoustic steve:dude

I remember when I got my seagull I didn't play my electric for like three weeks. we even went unplugged for band practice (well almost our drummer used brushes)

sunvalleylaw
November 15th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Thanks Kris! Unfortunately the acoustic jam got called off tonight due to the host's flu issues, or some sort of bug he wanted to avoid passing around. Nonetheless, I started off playing my strat, then my acoustic along with my daughter today, then my Viking, and soon I will close out with the acoustic. No pedals really today, just the preamp boost. I guess the acoustic is making me want to hear my electrics pretty clean and stripped down. Got some work done too, and a hike with my oldest boy. All in all a good day!

evenkeel
November 16th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Sounds to me like all the toys are getting a good workout. Glad to hear you are getting along with the newest member.

When we return to Florida the guitars in storage always get a lot of attention for a while. It's like seeing old friends after a long time away.

jpfeifer
November 20th, 2009, 03:24 PM
You know, I seem to never get tired of my acoustic guitars. There's something very satisfying about picking it up and making music without having to hassle with plugging anything in, using a cable, dialing in the right sound, etc. Especially when you have one that sounds good, like the one you have.

I have a Martin and a Taylor, and they're both really fun to play. I especially like to play them more around the holidays, since I get a chance to do some Christmas songs again.

--Jim