PDA

View Full Version : Emerson Lake and Palmer to reform

Spudman
November 16th, 2009, 09:30 PM
EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER: will reform! At least, for live gig, though the Internet is rife with Re-union debates!

ELP agrees to headline the new High Voltage Festival, the UK's new flagship classic rock event, on Sunday July 25, 2010. It is expected that fans from Europe, USA, Japan and around the globe will fly into London to see this much anticipated and unique event. This press release was announced to applause at the Classic Rock Awards at London's Park Lane Hotel, Piccadilly :
Mean Fiddler and Classic Rock Magazine are proud to announce that Emerson Lake and Palmer (ELP) will be reforming to bring the inaugural High Voltage festival to a climax.

Forty years after ELP opened the legendary Isle Of Wight Festival in 1970, what better act to celebrate Britain's biggest and best Adult Rock Festival.

Fans can expect 'Cannons, Pyrotechnics and a supreme production alongside the stunning musicianship and songs that made ELP the legends they truly are.
More news/info can be found at the New Ears website, which features an interview by Carla Huntington, speaking with Greg Lake - HERE (http://newears.wordpress.com/2009/11/05/a-conversation-with-greg-lake/).

msteeln
November 17th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Thanx for that, and the link to the interview.
I wonder how many of the anti-ELP crowd of recent decades will be willing to check them out. They might find it a big surprise.
I always dug the early day's of this band, they really were worthy prog. And after the disappointment of him leaving Crimson it was a relief that he 'recovered' so well.
I enjoyed reading his mention of dealing with large crowds and sighting the California Jam as an example of keeping ones wits onstage. I was there, and tho the mass was probably only half of the 600,000 he stated, it must have been intimidating. Always counted myself lucky to have stayed to catch them as the last act of the event after Deep Purple/Sabbath/Black Oak, tho my friends/ride took off... wankers... ELP were great and it was the only time Keith used the spectacular stage arching pyro's from his keyboard.
Funny enuf, and did I have the big last laff..., when finding my friends just sitting in the car afterwards as there was no way of getting out until the show was over. :dude
Greg's Father Christmas is my favorite seasonal song. One of the truly great voices.