PDA

View Full Version : Out again

evenkeel
November 18th, 2009, 07:37 AM
Been out several times over the last couple of weeks. Last night to a place in Dunedin I'd never been before. Rather sparse crowd and only a few players, but a terrific little room. Great host. This open mic has been around for a couple of years but may not last much longer.

I played four tunes, could have gone on but opted to get while the getting was good. Was pretty happy with my playing. Among the tunes I did was an old Jackson Browne tune called These days. I learned it from the Tom Rush version and my version has a lot of Toms feel to it. First time I'd played it live and came away pretty pleased with the result.

FWIW I played my Martin D2R thru the hosts LR Baggs DI box. Like this.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/evenkeel_album/lrbagg.jpg

Typically I use my K&K E.Q.. I was really impressed with the sound from the Baggs. Very full, lots of depth and presence, but the guitar still had the natural, woody rosewood, rumble. The host played a Martin with an ash back and sides. His guitar had a much brighter, crisper tone and the DI box brought that out nicely.

bigG
November 18th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Sounds like fun, 'keel! Always leave 'em wanting more, eh!

These Days is a GREAT song!

These days I seem to think alot/
About the things that I forgot/
to do...for you...

Jackson Browne's "Late For The Sky" is one of my all-time favorite albums, by anyone! Stone classic!