PDA

View Full Version : Feeling manly ...(chest pounding content)

Katastrophe
September 6th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Mrs. Katastrophe and I received some furniture for our living room today. We're trying to get the house ready for the impending baby birth (Mrs. Katastrophe has been "nesting" with a vengeance). Included in the furniture were two end tables and a coffee table, with a really cool top that lifts up and goes toward you.

The tables came in a box, partially unassembled. Oh, crap.:eek:

You see, I seem to have an inability to assemble stuff. Seems like there's always spare parts, and what isn't there doesn't fit right, and I usually end up knocking parts together with all the aptitude of a confused caveman until I quit in frustration.

Well, I sat down and actually read the instructions. For "Made in China," it was remarkably clear and easy to understand. I actually finished! Everything went together and it looks the same as the display models in the furniture store (no spare parts, either). I know I shouldn't get so excited about such a small project, but nothing got gouged, and it all looks real nice. Wenge is a beautiful wood for furniture...

It was definitely a confidence builder. Don't know what I'll try next, maybe a trip to IKEA to see what they can throw at me...

Also, made a deal with Mrs. Katastrophe that if we got this furniture, I get another guitar. I'm learning...;)

warren0728
September 7th, 2006, 04:26 AM
Also, made a deal with Mrs. Katastrophe that if we got this furniture, I get another guitar. I'm learning...;)
yep you ARE learning....you'll do just fine!! :D :DR ;)

SuperSwede
September 7th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Yep, the first lesson in marriage is learn how to barter :D

Congrats!