PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!!

fender tele
September 7th, 2006, 01:45 PM
Looks like a nice place!!!

From Missouri....used to play full-time...USO tours....now just weekends.
Typical bar band stuff-mostly country, some southern, r & b, blues, funk...whatever gets the asses shakin & the drinks flowin.

Main guitar-Tele
Boss Gt-3 (for not much longer!!!)
Fender Super (the Pro Tube series that came out in the 90's....I actually like it better than the 3 original Supers I've played through)

Glad to be here!!!

kerc
September 7th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Welcome! :D Another Tele abuser here...

Robert
September 7th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Welcome, fender tele! How did you find us? I think you will like this place.

R

Leonidas
September 7th, 2006, 02:29 PM
Welcome aboard Fender Tele!

This is a great place. Lots of nice people, and loads of great info. It sure has helped me a lot.

warren0728
September 7th, 2006, 02:48 PM
welcome....i think you will like it here....i'm a tele player too (although i use the word player loosely!!)...

ww

fender tele
September 7th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Welcome, fender tele! How did you find us? I think you will like this place.

R

Actually, I'm not sure!!! I've had the forum bookmarked for awhile & have lurked. It may have been your site now that I think of it.

The "suitcase" pedalboard is genius, by the way!!!

Tone2TheBone
September 7th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Welcome fender tele. :)

Spudman
September 7th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Hi Tele
Welcome aboard the "Love Train."
Got any wild USO stories to share with us?

By the way... I got and ate my first bullfrog on the Blackwater river in your state. And yes I even cooked it.

SuperSwede
September 7th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Hey Tele!

Welcome to the fret.net

So why get rid of the GT-3?

Jimi75
September 8th, 2006, 02:03 AM
Welcome Fender Tele!

You finally found the best place for guitar players on the net!:R

tot_Ou_tard
September 8th, 2006, 07:25 PM
By the way... I got and ate my first bullfrog on the Blackwater river in your state. And yes I even cooked it.
What?!? Spud eats a bullfrog

rrrRRRrrrrrIIIIIbbbiTT

RRRRRRRRRRiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiBBBBBBBBBBBBBbbb bbbbbbbiiiiIIIiiiit

rrrRRRRRrrrrrrriiii *CHOMP*

& everybody babbles nonchalantly about guitars n' such like nuttin' happened?

Sheez! I *AM* the only normal'un on this board!

fender tele
September 15th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Well....the filters here at my work blocked this forum for a few days, now I can get in....but no more at The Gear Page or a St Louis Cardinals forum....wierd...

Spudman- Many USO stories.....some that I can't tell on here....a Major's daughter named Karen.....a lovely from the Philippines named Vivian...etc

Survived typhoon "Dot" while in the Philippines; had guns pulled on us at a base in Italy when we pulled up to do a show that was not on their schedule & it just so happened they had a terrorist threat that day; on the way from Ca. to Hawaii, engine #3 decided to stop running over a big ol puddle of water; got to fly an F-4 simulator while in Taegu, Korea (way cool....shot down several Russian Migs...also crashed in every way possible); I played the guy that won the Pacific Air Force Open in racquetball (did I win?....hahahahahahahahahahhaha....I scored when he wanted me to); many others I can't recall...

SuperSwedede- I had a Boss ME-5 for yrs, til it just decided to go to pedal heaven....I loved it....so easy to get great tones....all analog

The GT-3 has more "toys" in it, but the compressor just sucks compared to the one in the Me-5, as does most of the distortion tones. I got a pretty good Brad Paisley tone by using the Vox preamp w/a little hair on it though.

Spudman
September 15th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Cool stories. I was pretty sure there would be a dash of excitement there.

So you knew Karen too?;)

fender tele
September 15th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Cool stories. I was pretty sure there would be a dash of excitement there.

So you knew Karen too?;)

For a few hours......:D

Spudman
September 15th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Oooo! It's getting a wee bit randy in here.

Nice to have you aboard Tele. We can aways use more tasteful humor here. Everyone knows I'm out of it.:D