PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get good clean tone!

Telewanger
November 21st, 2009, 12:04 AM
Hey,

Just wandering what you think of this clean tone?

Please check out the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE7xA7fn_gc

marnold
November 21st, 2009, 03:50 PM
I like it, although personally I tend to go for a drier sound (unless I'm going all 80s power ballad and slathering on the chorus :) ). Sounds vaguely EJ-ish or Andy Summers-ish.

pes_laul
November 21st, 2009, 05:01 PM
I like it dude. I know I use a bit less delay and reverb.

Telewanger
November 22nd, 2009, 09:14 AM
Thanks,

I appreciate your comments.

Everyone says this sounds like the 80's. Some people on other guitar forums love it and want to know how I get the sound, and some say it sounds really chessy and stupid. It cost me a lot of money to sound this chessy. I will start a new post on what era of guitar tones do you guys like the best. I must be stuck on 80's tones for some reason.

oldguy
November 22nd, 2009, 07:12 PM
I loved it! It's one of my favorite fat, full guitar sounds. Eric Johnson, yeah, maybe, but Joe Bonamassa copied EJ's sound for some serious blues, and FAT and FULL, clean, OD, or distorted, w/ or w/o the echo, is always a good thing.
I don't want to see a thin black line if I can look at a rainbow.
Some want to cut through the mix, some want to smother it with their tone. Both camps are entitled to their opinion.

tot_Ou_tard
November 22nd, 2009, 08:09 PM
The underlying tone is good. I'd personally go for much less reverb & delay.

If you play with very little to no effects does it sound to you like its missing something?

marnold
November 22nd, 2009, 08:36 PM
Everyone says this sounds like the 80's. Some people on other guitar forums love it and want to know how I get the sound, and some say it sounds really chessy and stupid. It cost me a lot of money to sound this chessy. I will start a new post on what era of guitar tones do you guys like the best. I must be stuck on 80's tones for some reason.
Allow me to be blunt: screw them. If you like it, who cares what somebody else thinks of it? Of course, I live in Wisconsin where cheese is a cherished way of life.

hubberjub
November 23rd, 2009, 03:16 PM
Allow me to be blunt: screw them. If you like it, who cares what somebody else thinks of it? Of course, I live in Wisconsin where cheese is a cherished way of life.

Absolutely correct. If that's the sound you hear in your head when you envision a clean guitar tone then that's all that matters.

markb
November 23rd, 2009, 03:24 PM

+1 :AOK