PDA

View Full Version : HR deluxe vs deville vs blues deluxe?

birv2
November 22nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
Well, it's that season... Christmas is coming, and my wife just asked me what was on my list. I do not want to disappoint her, so I'm thinking of getting one of the Hot Rod Fender amps.

I currently own a Pro Jr, so I'm aware of the good (great sounds) and the bad (sometimes crappy construction and soldering). I'd like to keep the PJ and also get one of the above 3. Not sure what the differences are or how that translates.

I play blues almost exclusively with strats (check out my sig for my gear). I play a lot at jams but am also working towards starting a band. I intend on keeping my PJ but I really have liked the sounds of the HR Deluxe at GC.

Budget is about $400US, and I'm planning on buying used.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Bob

Spudman
November 22nd, 2009, 12:16 PM
Bob

If you have a Guitar Center in your area I suggest you check out the Behringer V22 before getting a Hot Rod. If you still want the Hot Rod afterward then go with the Deluxe. It's the lighter of the Hot Rods.

hubberjub
November 22nd, 2009, 12:25 PM
Bob

If you have a Guitar Center in your area I suggest you check out the Behringer V22 before getting a Hot Rod. If you still want the Hot Rod afterward then go with the Deluxe. It's the lighter of the Hot Rods.

I think Spud might mean Bugera V-22. I think the only difference between the Blues and HR series is the extra gain stage in the HR. You could also look into a used Vox AC-15 in the price range you mentioned.

birv2
November 22nd, 2009, 01:10 PM
Bob

Hey Spud,

I think I actually tried that Bugera. It's one of their "vintage" combos, right? If so, I was very unimpressed. Very bleh to my ears.

As far as lighter vs heavier, I am totally in favor of lighter. It's so hard without roadies...:AOK

Thanks,
Bob

just strum
November 22nd, 2009, 01:43 PM
Obviously it is best to do an actual test drive, but FWIW

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&rls=gm&sourceid=gmail&q=Bugera+V-22&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=9YMJS_SyNdK0tgezmaCwCg&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCgQqwQwAw#hl=en&rls=gm&sourceid=gmail&q=Bugera+V-22&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=9YMJS_SyNdK0tgezmaCwCg&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCgQqwQwAw&qvid=Bugera+V-22&vid=4646341960997815505