PDA

View Full Version : Wah pedals demo with clean tone

Robert
November 23rd, 2009, 08:45 AM
A comparison of the Dunlop Crybaby, EVH Crybaby, Fulltone Clyde Wah, and Digitech EX-7 with 2 wah models (Crybaby and Vox McCoy). Using a Marshall JVM 410H on the Clean channel, Orange mode.

Dc8E2LViNWw

marnold
November 23rd, 2009, 09:10 AM
So which one did you like best? The Crybaby model on the EX-7 seemed a bit dull in comparison but the Clyde model sounded really good, I thought.

Robert
November 23rd, 2009, 09:45 AM
I'll upload another one tonight with distortion. I am going to have you guys wait, and in the mean time guess, regarding which pedal is my pick... ;)
Which one do you think gets my vote, and also ends up in my arsenal of pedals?

Spudman
November 23rd, 2009, 10:35 AM
So which one did you like best? The Crybaby model on the EX-7 seemed a bit dull in comparison but the Clyde model sounded really good, I thought.

The top end and Q are adjustable on the EX7. It can sound a lot different than it does in the video. Plus, the output is adjustable. It's my favorite because it's quiet and versatile.

I think Robert likes the EVH because it has the most pronounced vowel sound...and runners like vowels. Eeiii, owww, ugh, ewww etc.:D

The EVH and Clyde are making a lot of mechanical noise. Sup? You should also raise the saddle on your low E string.

marnold
November 23rd, 2009, 10:39 AM
The EVH and Clyde are making a lot of mechanical noise. Sup?
Yeah, I noticed that too. The EVH in particular seemed rather clanky.

Robert
November 23rd, 2009, 10:45 AM
Mechanical noise? I don't hear any mechanical noise coming through the amp - maybe you are referring to what the camera mic picks up acoustically so to speak? Please keep in mind I am playing at very low volume too on the amp.

Spudman
November 23rd, 2009, 11:08 AM
Yes the camera is picking up mechanical noise from the EVH and Clyde. The other pedals are silent in this regard. This could be quite distracting to coffeehouse crowds.

Tig
November 23rd, 2009, 11:43 AM
Mechanical noise? I don't hear any mechanical noise coming through the amp - maybe you are referring to what the camera mic picks up acoustically so to speak? Please keep in mind I am playing at very low volume too on the amp.

I think they're hearing the switch clicking when the pedal touches it during toe-down (but not enough force to fully engage the switch). That is common, but rarely heard over an amp unless it is played with low volume, like during your demo. Not a big deal.