PDA

View Full Version : Hammer Daddies at the Galley Pump

helliott
November 23rd, 2009, 06:18 PM
Our band had a good outing Saturday at a local watering hole. Not a huge crowd, but we had 'em by the third tune and held them for the night, audition, return invite, etc. We just seemed to nail the pocket right from the opener and held it all night.
We've been trying something new where we basically noodle (jam) between sections of the show, and break pretty seamlessly from the noodle into the next song, noodle, etc. Works really well and is pretty nerve wracking, which keeps us on our toes. Even modulating to change keys in the noodle. Nice feature of this band which is getting quite good as we get some more hardwood under our boots.
Here's the set list from the Galley Pump show Saturday:

SET 1

Rack’ em up..C
Further on up the road..G
I’m losing you..Am
I don’t need no woman..A
Dead Flowers..D
Into the Mystic..Eb
Mustang Sally..C
Knockin’ on heaven’s door..G
Call me the breeze..E
I’m a man..E

SET 2

Jingo..B
King Size Jones..A
All your love..Gm
She’s tuff..E
I’m a ram..C
Roadhouse blues..E
The weight..A
Black magic woman..D
Soulshine..Bb
Boom Boom..E

SET 3

Green Onions..F
Light my fire..Am
Old love..Am
Nadine..A
Leavin’ here..A
We gotta get outta this place..C
Flip, flop, fly..Bb
Bring your fine self home..E
Before you accuse me..E
I got a line on you..A

Algonquin
November 23rd, 2009, 09:04 PM
Good to see you're getting some gigs Howie :applause Soon we're going to need to see and hear some video footage of the Hammer Daddies!

ZMAN
November 23rd, 2009, 09:33 PM
The Galley pump! Used to go there for lunches. It was close to our office at Stelco. That place has been there a long time.

helliott
November 23rd, 2009, 09:44 PM
Yeah, it was a real dump for a long time, but has been nicely fixed up, and is now a real neighbourhood place. Nice room, very civil management, and a very friendly and ready crowd. Algonquin, we have some pix from that night, and intend to record an upcoming show on Dec. 5. Hopefully some stuff coming up.

ZMAN
November 23rd, 2009, 09:49 PM
We used to go there for the roast beef, and the prime rib. At lunch you could get a real great peice of beef with all the trimmings for under 5 bucks.
Nice to hear it is still kicking. It used to be packed for lunch, but I never got down there in the evening. Good luck with your gigs.