PDA

View Full Version : Valvetronix clip

Radioboy950
November 24th, 2009, 11:10 AM
This has been a fun little (bedroom) amph, and I think it does the classic rock thing really well.

Have you used it in a group practice setting or gig? Wonder how it would hold up.

In the meantime, I was playing around with the amp today looking for a nice crunch tone. What do ya think?

SsCCdKdq8ec

SuperSwede
November 24th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Nice tone!

M29
November 24th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Nice tone, nice chops very nice indeed!!!! Is that the 50 watt model? One twelve?

Thanks for posting.

M

Radioboy950
November 24th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Nice tone, nice chops very nice indeed!!!! Is that the 50 watt model? One twelve?

Thanks for posting.

M

Thanks, man.
Yep, that's the 50 watter, 1x12.
It can get very loud in the house. I'm thinking in might get "lost" in a band though. Only one way to know for sure, but at the moment, I have nobody to jam with.

mw13068
November 24th, 2009, 12:50 PM
I bought a VT15 last week and it sounds gorgeous! I will probably buy a bigger one for garage jams once the weather here warms up again.

Oh, and remember you can put your VT50 out to a 4x12 cabinet and then you won't be getting lost anywhere. :) When I was in the music shop looking at the VT series, the guy who was helping me pointed that out. It was crazy loud.

marnold
November 24th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Sounds nice! Which amph model were you using?

NM, I just checked the comments on the YouTubes and saw that it's the UK80s. Sounds a lot better than that model on my AD30VT. That one just never agreed with me.

Radioboy950
November 24th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Sounds nice! Which amph model were you using?

NM, I just checked the comments on the YouTubes and saw that it's the UK80s. Sounds a lot better than that model on my AD30VT. That one just never agreed with me.

Yeah, sorry, it would have been helpful to post here.
UK 80s model, then switched to the AC30 toward the end to hear the difference.
UK 80's is my favorite rock setting, but it does require some tweaking.
Using the LP Standard.

duhvoodooman
November 24th, 2009, 03:43 PM
That's funny--the UK80's was the only one I liked on the right-hand side of the AD30VT amp model dial. You metalhead clergymen are inscrutable.... ;)

markb
November 24th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I used an Ad30VT at a jam once. Put it on the AC15 model, gain at about 3/4 using the guitar volume for clean/dirty. I don't remember having to turn the master above halfway. It coped.

tot_Ou_tard
November 24th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Cool Radioboy!

FrankenFretter
November 24th, 2009, 07:03 PM
Sounds good. That's the model I liked the best when I had my AD30VT. That one and the UK 70s, for a mellower tone. Which guitar are you using, btw?

Radioboy950
November 24th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Sounds good. That's the model I liked the best when I had my AD30VT. That one and the UK 70s, for a mellower tone. Which guitar are you using, btw?

Thanks for checking it out. Used a '78 Les Paul

SuperSwede
November 25th, 2009, 08:44 AM
It can get very loud in the house. I'm thinking in might get "lost" in a band though. Only one way to know for sure, but at the moment, I have nobody to jam with.

That wont be a problem, I´ve gigged with mine with 2x guitars, keyboard, vocals, bass and a loud drummer... I had no problems getting through with clean sounds or distorted sounds.

robzero
November 27th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Very very cool clip. Love the tone (from the amp and the fingers).
I'm seriously thinking of grabbing the VT30.
Thanks.