PDA

View Full Version : My number 2 attempt

M29
September 8th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Hello,

Well...I was messin around this morning with my recently painted Squier Strat and accidently came up with what is probably the best I can do at this time in my life. Please excuse the bumps along the way the Duplicolor clear on this neck is still sticky and I really don't play that well (yet):D

I used my Vox AD50VT on AC30TB with the gain about 2:00 with some reverb. The guitar was in the mid position. I miced it this time through the computer and I kind of like the tone but I just did this on the spur of the moment so some tweeking will be in order if I ever get around to it.

http://webpages.charter.net/tankm4/myno2.mp3

Man this is fun:R

Thanks for listening.

M29

SuperSwede
September 8th, 2006, 08:51 AM
I liked both the sound and the playing.. good work M29!

warren0728
September 8th, 2006, 09:01 AM
nice tone and laid back playing....i like

ww

Tone2TheBone
September 8th, 2006, 09:14 AM
Thats the new Strat you painted? Sweet. Great job and it sounds great!

Tim
September 8th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Well there M29, that was some good messin around if you ask me. The tone was sharp and cut through the backing track. Nice job!

aeolian
September 8th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Good going, M29! The lead is nice and smooth. Did you do the backing track too? Give us some details as to what equipment you used and how you did the whole thing?

aeolian

Katastrophe
September 8th, 2006, 06:04 PM
NIIIIIIIIICCCCEEEEE! Kinda had a Steely Dan feel to it, didn't it? Good sounding strat, man!

F4DPhantomII
September 8th, 2006, 06:44 PM
:R Man you are my hero.Wish I could do that someday.Sounded great.

Justaguyin_nc
September 8th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Hello,

I just did this on the spur of the moment [/URL]

Man this is fun:R

Thanks for listening.

M29

Fun to listen to too.. Keep those spur of the moments comming... nice job M29!

M29
September 8th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Hello all,

Thank you for the kind words. I just wish I was better and could jam with a group. I am not concerned about playing for the public I just want to be able to jam and improvise. I used to love doing that on the drums. We used to go down to Chicago to visit a friend and he would rent a warehouse for the weekend and we would not leave the building except to get something to eat and we would jam until my fingers were raw and I could hardly hold the sticks. Now that was a good time. If I could only do that with the guitar. Just have to give it time I suppose.

Wouldn't it be great if we could jam online! Sort of like a confrence call or chat with guitars. Hey Robert is that possible? Just kidding...

aeolian, I did the backing track I did a couple extra tracks for the fun of it, adding a backward strum in a couple spots at the beginning, this Audacity thing is awesome!. I used my daughters Casio for the drums and did a two cord jam we used to jam on for hours when I was playing drums. I really want to pick up a Shure SM 57 to record with, the guitar sounds so much better then trough the wires. I just used one of those cheap Labtech plastic mics you get with a computer. It is a get by for now.
The only problem I have is I have to listen to the backing track through the headphones so it don't get picked up by the mic and my headphone wire is very short so I have to play the lead leaning over my desk standing up, which I am not used to so the recording technique needs some serious work.
The ad50vt was on manual and ac30 with the gain about 2:00, the treble about 2:00, the mid about 1:00, the base about 11:00. The master was very low and the volume next to the gain was 12:00. The level control on the back of the amp was wide open. I still have to figure out what to do with the boomyness in this amp. I was going to try an equalizer but I don't know if one of the seven bands is enough I wish we could find out just what frequency the problem is at and then we could zero in on it without spending too much money trying to find it. A parametric eq would be nice to try and see what freqency the boom is at.

Thanks again guys.

M29

Mark
September 9th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Sounds good M-man has a real nice feel. Your better than you give yourself credit for. But then we are all our own worst critics. Sometime the best stuff is the spur of the moment ideas!:DR

oldguy
September 9th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Very nice, M29! Sorta reminded me of older Santana stuff, or Quicksilver Messenger Service. I think you're plenty good enough to jam with some other players if you find some into the same type music as yourself. Post some more clips when you can, you sound good, man!:D
Glenn

M29
September 9th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Thanks guys.

I did a youtube on Quicksilver Messenger Service and man did that bring back some memories, I forgot all about that band, it sure sounded good to hear them again.

Thanks again guys
M29