PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid picking technique

Robert
September 8th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Here's an example of my Hybrid picking technique (http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_video_lessons/lesson-35.php) - check it out and let me know what you think. I use this technique in several ways, and this is one of them - just picking over 3 note chords. It's easier if you some nails on the right hand. I had just cut my down, which makes it harder.:D

Tim
September 8th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Now that my friend was an awesome video! You explained everything in layman's term. Ok, you made it so simple I understood and comprehended each move. Thanks Robert. Now its practice time.

Robert
September 8th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Glad you liked it! I am going to make more examples of how to use the fingers and a pick. I have some cool licks I use often with this technique.

Katastrophe
September 8th, 2006, 06:02 PM
Very cool vid, Robert. Hybrid picking has always mystified me somewhat, because the masters of the technique don't really look like their fingers are moving at all (on the picking hand). Good camera angle to show what the picking hand is doing. Me likey!:D

marnold
September 9th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Hybrid picking is something I was just learning before I injured my hand. Thankfully, I can still "fake it" by using my intact pinky. Obviously, that only works for two-string hybrid picking but in most non-fingerpicking situations that's all that's required.

Jimi75
September 10th, 2006, 11:13 AM
What a great example Robert. Thank you for posting this comprehensive video. Hybrid has always been a myth to me, until one of my teachers explained it to me.

I couldn't live without hybrid picking, it adds so much atmosphere to the playing.

Robert
September 25th, 2006, 11:02 AM
Thanks, glad to be of assistance! It's a fun technique to play around with.

Justaguyin_nc
September 26th, 2006, 07:54 AM
I enjoyed watching / learning the chords more than the picking.. although the picking was valuable... Watching you do the chords had me sitting here a few hours just running up and down the neck trying different arrangements with the 3 note chords.. thank you.. you are always helpful Robert!