PDA

View Full Version : Davy Knowles and Back Door Slam

birv2
November 28th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Just heard these guys last night at the Chameleon Club here in Lancaster, PA.

WOW!

I left feeling assured that the future of blues-rock is in good hands. He's probably more rock than blues, but what a great power trio! He played PRS guitars through Budda amps and really rocked the house. Also seemed like a pretty humble guy.

If you get a chance to see these guys, and you're a fan of guitar-based rock (which you no doubt are if you're a member here), check these guys out.

:dude

Bob

guitartango
November 28th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Just heard these guys last night at the Chameleon Club here in Lancaster, PA.

WOW!

I left feeling assured that the future of blues-rock is in good hands. He's probably more rock than blues, but what a great power trio! He played PRS guitars through Budda amps and really rocked the house. Also seemed like a pretty humble guy.

If you get a chance to see these guys, and you're a fan of guitar-based rock (which you no doubt are if you're a member here), check these guys out.

:dude

Bob

Nice one Bob, and they come from the UK as well:applause

just strum
November 28th, 2009, 06:52 PM
I caught them on Facebook and had to check out youtube and their website - I'm a fan!!!

Good stuff.

Spudman
November 28th, 2009, 09:23 PM
http://www.myspace.com/davyknowlesbackdoorslam

Good stuff Birv. Thanks for the heads up.

Tig
November 28th, 2009, 10:27 PM
I've been pushing these guys like crack. I'm glad people are starting to notice Davy and the guys. Wonderful talent!

Check out their early EP for the best version of "Redhouse" you may ever listen to.

sumitomo
November 28th, 2009, 10:38 PM
I saw a youtube,I thought it was here,but yea smokin and I liked the little bit in his vid on his myspace page Shabby Roads Recording Studios that's great.Sumi:D

msteeln
November 29th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Discovered him a few months back and hope to have many years to watch him develope even further, should be a blast.

Perfect Stranger
November 30th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Been listening to them for a while. Got all their stuff, even the old stuff.
Great....

birv2
November 30th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Glad to hear that others like them too. Friend of mine got to hang out with them after the show and said they're all down to earth, nice guys, humble, etc.

Plus Davy can sing like a mofo.

My only sad thought is that I'll probably never see them here in Lancaster again, as I believe they're poised for takeoff. But they're worth travelling for.

Here's a really cool thing from the show: Davy said that he found a kid on YouTube who played one of the BDS songs, "better than I did". He then said, "so we asked him to play with us, and here he is!" This 14-year-old kid comes out on stage and plays 2 songs with them! I'm sorry I can't remember the kid's name, but how many up and coming guitar slingers would do that for an unknown? How cool is that?

:applause

Bob