PDA

View Full Version : While my guitar gently weeps

guitartango
November 28th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Has it been 8 years since we lost the greatest D chord player?

George Harrison we salute you.

street music
November 28th, 2009, 07:32 PM
George , was in my book a great artist and person.

player
November 28th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Yep tempus fugit.George Harrison's sister lives in my brothers home town,she runs a bed and beakfast there in Benton,IL.lots of neat stuff,cool facts,etc there.

hubberjub
November 28th, 2009, 09:55 PM
That is hard to believe. He deserved far more credit than he ever received.

sumitomo
November 28th, 2009, 10:44 PM
+1 guys Sumi:D

Tig
November 28th, 2009, 10:45 PM
George was always my fav Beatle, because he was the best writer of the bunch and simply the nicest one. Oh, what a great guitarist with smooth slide work!

"Something" was the best song from any of the Fab Four, IMO...
tvSOsuUyvAI

Tig
November 28th, 2009, 10:46 PM
We just watched a few best-of performances from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductions on PBS, and "While My Guitar..." was played by Dhani Harrison, Tom Petty, and featured this incredible solo by Prince. Yes, Prince might be one of the most underrated guitarists out there today.

Watch the whole solo. The man can really play!

madax7-lMvM

Tone2TheBone
December 1st, 2009, 12:08 PM
I missed this post. Yeah George was my favorite Beatle too. I used to go fishing on that day but anymore I hadn't have time to do that. Someone slow down the pulse of the earth.

R_of_G
December 1st, 2009, 01:08 PM
George was always my fav Beatle, because he was the best writer of the bunch...

:applause

it's always nice to see someone else acknowledge this because i have always thought it true myself

when i was a little kid, what first attracted me to the beatles was george's guitar tone. later, as i learned to appreciate the songs themselves, i found myself more and more drawn to his songs, and his solo work is (mostly) so far superior to the rest of theirs. his music resonates with me in a way the others' don't. i love much of lennon's stuff and i love mccartney's earlier solo work but not the way i love george's.

MAXIFUNK
December 1st, 2009, 04:42 PM
We just watched a few best-of performances from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductions on PBS, and "While My Guitar..." was played by Dhani Harrison, Tom Petty, and featured this incredible solo by Prince. Yes, Prince might be one of the most underrated guitarists out there today.

Watch the whole solo. The man can really play!

madax7-lMvM

I toured off and on with Prince from 1984 to 2000 doing security DAMN RIGHT HE CAN PLAY.

There are a whole list of brothers who can rock their a$$es off that people disregarded or don't know about because they are in an R&B,funk,Jazz, etc etc band.

So when I see any top 100 list of best guitarist and all I see is the blues guys it just pisses me off because guys like Ernie Isley, Michael Hampton, Jesse Johnson, Charlie Singleton, Tony Maiden, & Blackbird, just to name a few are better players than 95% of the guys on those lists its just a joke to me a complete travesty and shows complete disrespect for these guys period.

There are many Brothers that can play but never get their do. So, many cats much more than Hendrix & Eddie Hazel but the media never seems to cover them at all.

R_of_G
December 1st, 2009, 09:25 PM
There are many Brothers that can play but never get their do. So, many cats much more than Hendrix & Eddie Hazel but the media never seems to cover them at all.

:applause

the number of overlooked funk & jazz players is appalling.

i used to get ticked off by the "best of" lists, now i just find them amusing and pity the people who are depriving themselves of hearing some of the greatest players ever.