PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Marathon - won't be running

Robert
November 30th, 2009, 08:54 PM
Developed an achilles problem 3 weeks ago and I am screwed. I can't run at all, so I will be watching the race instead... :(

My wife and I, and 2 pals of mine are going on Thursday. I'll seek out the guitar stores and the booze while they run... :drool

The good thing is I won't be asking anyone to guess my finish time! :) :french

sunvalleylaw
December 1st, 2009, 12:48 AM
Sorry about the injury and your missing the race, Robert. Recover well, and have fun with your family down there!

street music
December 1st, 2009, 05:38 AM
Sorry to hear that Robert, hope it heals fast, you might just have to play guitar and soak it in booze from the inside out.:what

oldguy
December 1st, 2009, 06:22 AM
Glad you're still going, but sorry to hear about the injury, Robert.
Take care of it, do what the doc says, the constant pounding a runner's feet take can do serious damage over time.

piebaldpython
December 1st, 2009, 11:35 AM
Sorry to hear about your injury.

Hey, if you walk on The Strip, you'll run across some shops where they sell plastic Fender Strat replicas that are filled with liquor. :what

We saw them when we were out in Vegas over Easter. Kind of funny actually.

Robert
December 3rd, 2009, 09:09 AM
I'm leaving tonight, so you guys behave when I'm away trying to keep what happens in Vegas stay there... ;)

Tig
December 3rd, 2009, 11:23 AM
If you were a politician or pro sports star, I'd suggest hookers and blow! :crazyguy

Since you're a good guy/husband/dad, your current plan sounds much better.
:munch:
No telling what lurks in the music and pawn shops near the strip. Have fun, and let that injury heal.

sumitomo
December 3rd, 2009, 12:27 PM
Alright captian oreo have fun! Sumi:D

Robert
December 7th, 2009, 10:33 PM
I'm back. It was fun but I could not finish. My achilles hurt but it didn't seem to get worse so kept going for 20 kilometers. Prolly shouldn't have done that... but I'll rest for a good while now.

Never made it to any music/guitar stores. We took a drive to Red Rock Canyon and we see a magic show that was really good, Steve Wyrick.

We also went to see the "O" show, and it was fantastic.

street music
December 8th, 2009, 05:51 AM
SO you didn't follow doctors orders?? Children never learn!:poke

Robert
December 8th, 2009, 09:00 AM
SO you didn't follow doctors orders?? Children never learn!:poke

Well you know, I am my own doctor, so it all depends on what my orders were! :) And I have long forgotten that... ;)