it's been way to long
hold on to me baby
the night is almost gone
it's been way to long

2009 FrankAxtell All Rights Reserved.

http://img.macjams.com/song_art/55467_Frank%20promo%20in%20color.jpg

marnold
December 2nd, 2009, 08:24 PM
I think the music matches the lyrics almost perfectly. Just listening to the music without reading the words, I pictured looking out of a window on a cool, rainy evening.

vroomery
December 3rd, 2009, 12:03 AM
This sounds very much like pink floyd. Pretty sweet man.

Spudman
December 3rd, 2009, 09:08 AM
Frank

How do you get that super clean compressed guitar sound?

I like the song too by the way. Are you singing?

FrankAxtell
December 3rd, 2009, 12:52 PM
Frank

How do you get that super clean compressed guitar sound?

I like the song too by the way. Are you singing?
Thanks so much and yes I sing on all my vocal tunes or at least try to sing :thwap ....the clean is achieved by first using an MXR dyna comp script logo compressor from the seventies which you can still find on ebay but it will set you back a few dollars but worth every dime for the way it works so well with all Fender tube amps. I used my Fender Vibro King then on to Logic Pro with additional compression, catherdral reverb, analog tape delay set to old flanging/fluttering tape mode and finally just a tad of stereo modulation...hope that helps....Logic pro is a wonderful software once you get the hang of it.
Thanks again for listening.
F

Spudman
December 3rd, 2009, 01:54 PM
Thanks so much and yes I sing on all my vocal tunes or at least try to sing :thwap ....the clean is achieved by first using an MXR dyna comp script logo compressor from the seventies which you can still find on ebay but it will set you back a few dollars but worth every dime for the way it works so well with all Fender tube amps. I used my Fender Vibro King then on to Logic Pro with additional compression, catherdral reverb, analog tape delay set to old flanging/fluttering tape mode and finally just a tad of stereo modulation...hope that helps....Logic pro is a wonderful software once you get the hang of it.
Thanks again for listening.
F

Thanks for the info Frank. I can do all the post processing no sweat. I use Cubase. I used to have the Dyna Comp and sold it to a good friend after I used it on the road for over a decade. Many times I wish I had it back.

I'll mess around with my M13 and see if I can't get close to what you have. That bright clean sound really adds a lot to the aural spectrum of certain songs, especially this one. Good job.