PDA

View Full Version : Cool Cat line of pedals updated

Robert
December 3rd, 2009, 11:08 AM
Look at http://www.coolcattone.com/product_to.html

Fuzz, Drive and TOD are now "V2".

Tone2TheBone
December 3rd, 2009, 11:42 AM
Might have to investigate the Fuzz model.

Geoffrey Charles
December 3rd, 2009, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the information.

duhvoodooman
December 3rd, 2009, 12:47 PM
Not surprised about the TOD revision, since Danelectro had made a committment to change that circuit due to it's extreme similarity to Paul Cochrane's "Timmy" pedal. The pedal community got all over them about that one--big, bad corporation stomping on the little guy's business/livelihood. Wonder what they've done to the other two, though....

marnold
December 3rd, 2009, 12:51 PM
Not surprised about the TOD revision, since Danelectro had made a committment to change that circuit due to it's extreme similarity to Paul Cochrane's "Timmy" pedal. The pedal community got all over them about that one--big, bad corporation stomping on the little guy's business/livelihood. Wonder what they've done to the other two, though....
Looks like they've done more than de-Timmy-ify it. The internal dip switches for different clipping diodes sounds interesting anyway. Clips would be needed to know if it is worth anything though.

duhvoodooman
December 3rd, 2009, 01:05 PM
Looks like they've done more than de-Timmy-ify it. The internal dip switches for different clipping diodes sounds interesting anyway. Clips would be needed to know if it is worth anything though.
Yeah, I noticed that in the product description. Internal dip switches are such a PITA, though--too bad they couldn't use an external slider or rotary switch so that you didn't have to go "under the hood" to make that change. OTOH, how many features can you reasonably expect in a pedal that streets for under $50?

marnold
December 3rd, 2009, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I noticed that in the product description. Internal dip switches are such a PITA, though--too bad they couldn't use an external slider or rotary switch so that you didn't have to go "under the hood" to make that change.
Given the size and control layouts, I don't think there's any way that they could jam something like that in there and have it be half-way usable.

duhvoodooman
December 3rd, 2009, 02:00 PM
True dat. The odd enclosure shape doesn't help, either.

Geoffrey Charles
December 4th, 2009, 09:19 PM
I got a version 1 TOD recently and I like it. Considering the Vibe pedal as well.

markb
December 4th, 2009, 09:52 PM

Internal clipping switches actually makes it more like a Timmy :what

Unless they've drastically changed the circuit, that is.

tot_Ou_tard
December 5th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I believe that the version 1 Drive was supposed to be based on an OCD
and the Fuzz on a Frantone Peachfuzz.

If this is correct then they probably changed those two for the same reason the changed the TOD.