PDA

View Full Version : Shocking

Guitar-Chris
September 9th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Hello!

I'm glad I'm still living..... Git nearly a heart attack... what happend?

An hour ago, i was playing ma guitar over my vox amp down in my hobby room. The door bell was ringing but thought my wife was there.

After two minutes the bell was agin ringing and someone was knocking at my door. So it hit me: There was nobody in the hose than me. I put the guitar down and walkd up quickly. But then it happens. The guitar cable was wrapped around my feed, but i didn't notice it. As walking on the cable pulled the amp from the desk (about 1 meter). Seeing it like in slowmotion, the amp was falling on the floor, it crashed with a big noise (it was still on).

After first shock i saw that the input jack was gone :eek:

After searching a few minutes, i found the locking screw somewehre around, pulled out the input jack from inside the amp at tightened it agin.

What should i say: There was absolutely nothing broken. Tried all knobs: They all seem to work. No scratches at all.

Now blood pressure is going down again.

Spudman
September 9th, 2006, 11:22 AM
Ach, mein Himmel!
Now if that would have been a tube amp you probably could have said good bye to the tubes at least. So there is a good talking point for a solid state amp...they are durable and will stand up to wild German dudes flinging them about.:)

SuperSwede
September 9th, 2006, 12:35 PM
So who was by the door?

I´m glad your Vox survived! I think that Warren had a problem with his input jack without him abusing it, so the design might be a little dodgy.

abraxas
September 9th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Chris, glad your amp is OK! ;)

Ach, mein Himmel!
Now if theat would have been a tube amp you probably could have said good bye to the tubes at least. So there is a good talking point for a solid state amp...they are durable and will stand up to wild Greman dudes flinging them about.:)

Hmmmm.... no! :D

If something was broken inside a circuit board, you could kiss goodbye to your solid state amp once and for all.

Most tube amps have better quality boards and, in any case, they are somewhat conventional electronically, meaning, a good technician could probably sort out the problem.

The only undestructible amps (an overstatement, I know...) are hard-wired, point to point tube amps. The only thing probably needed would be a little soldering here and there, and a couple of new tubes. As far as the transformers are ok, everything else is easily fixed on those amps. ;)

Guitar-Chris
September 9th, 2006, 02:29 PM
So who was by the door?

I´m glad your Vox survived! I think that Warren had a problem with his input jack without him abusing it, so the design might be a little dodgy.

Oh it was my youngest son (7), coming back from a birthday party.....

The inpput jacket of the vox is sometimes a problem. But the locking srew for example is made of plastic. Hm, ok, i tested, if the tube is alright, and it seem so, so, keep on rockin' !

warren0728
September 9th, 2006, 02:29 PM
I think that Warren had a problem with his input jack without him abusing it, so the design might be a little dodgy.
yep the nut holding the jack on came off a couple of times....i finally put a little super glue on it and it hasn't come off again!

ww

duhvoodooman
September 9th, 2006, 03:14 PM
I have one word for you, Chris:

LUCKY!!!

elavd
September 9th, 2006, 05:30 PM
I have one word for you, Chris:
LUCKY!!! http://djforum.free.fr/smileysmileysmiley/v2/surprises/surprises.smileysmiley.com.54.gif
I am glad that your amp is not broken! ;)

Tim
September 10th, 2006, 07:30 AM
I am glad to hear nothing broke. You never did mention anything about the guitar on the other end of the cable. No damage there I hope.

Guitar-Chris
September 10th, 2006, 08:09 AM
You never did mention anything about the guitar on the other end of the cable. No damage there I hope.

The guitar was no Problem. I laid it in a guitar case, that was still open. And the cable wrapped around my feed only pulled towards the amp.