sumitomo
December 3rd, 2009, 05:34 PM
Anyone ever play one?Any Thoughts?Just G.A.S.in. Sumi:D

sumitomo
December 4th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Anyone?

msteeln
December 4th, 2009, 03:16 PM
...I did own a wonderful Zephyr Regent that was constructed much like the high end jazz boxes back in the day. It had no interior bracing, just a completely hollow box, in the style of a 175, and a single HB PU at the neck.
Great guitar, period.
I sold it for $300 out of sheer destitution. It got me out of a hole, but I'm looking to get another. They can be had for under $400.

Heard the Joe Pass and other similar Epi boxes are pretty dang good too. If Duke Robilard is willing to road gig with them, they must have enuf of the goods. And I think he uses the Emporer as a main.

bigG
December 4th, 2009, 03:55 PM
sumi, the Epi Emperor Regent is a fine guitar! Was listed as one of the "100 Best Buys" in Guitar Player, Nov 1997...(although at that time they were prob made in Korea - now made in China, I believe).

I just happen to have the latest Epi catalog in front of me, and msteeln had it pretty close. Robillard uses the Epi Broadway, which is the Emperor Regent w two full-size humbuckers, two vol/tone pots and 3-way selector switch.

sumitomo
December 4th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Thanks guys there is a local guy here with a alot of epi's,7 that he is unloading,nice condition so he wants the money but nice choices the dot to the joe pass and inbetween.G.A.S. Sumi:D

Geoffrey Charles
December 4th, 2009, 09:17 PM
I've played a Joe Pass model Emporer. Was a really nice guitar.